Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

AlbertV

Well, WW is mediterranean but why bother getting an actress from a Mediterranean country when Thor is played by a guy who's not Scandinavian at all, Batman by a Welshman (Christian Bale) and Joker by an Australian guy (Heath Ledger) ?

And lets get us some Korean ninjas. Every big budget self respecting Hollywood blockbuster needs Korean ninjas.

Secret Executioner
So Peter Parker, Wonderwoman and Lex Luthor are all jewish huh?

LMAO. Hadn't noticed but yeah, kinda true.

And lets get us some Korean ninjas. Every big budget self respecting Hollywood blockbuster needs Korean ninjas.

That would be our League Of Assassins. Led by a British Ra's Al Ghul, of course. :tongue:

Noelle Shadow Kick

Again, I work over at DC Comics and there's been some interesting responses to the casting news haha.

In general though, the consensus is that, hey, we were all seriously wrong about Heath Ledger. It's tough to see Eisenberg cast after they teased that Bryan Cranston, Mark Strong, and Joaquin Phoenix were being considered, but we'll have to see what direction they want to take Lex in.

Also, certainly not sure what being Jewish could possibly have to do with one's acting ability. An actors' job is literally to be someone else.

LMAO. Hadn't noticed but yeah, kinda true.

That would be our League Of Assassins. Led by a British Ra's Al Ghul, of course. :tongue:

They're outsourcing Hollywood. Think of those poor American actors. For the price of 10 matinee tickets you too can keep them in their multi million dollar mansions and private jets.

Won't someone please think of these poor souls?

Secret Executioner
It's tough to see Eisenberg cast after they teased that Bryan Cranston, Mark Strong, and Joaquin Phoenix were being considered, but we'll have to see what direction they want to take Lex in.

Joaquin Phoenix would have been an interesting choice IMO - he's a very talented actor and he may have pulled off a tortured version of Lex pretty well. Maybe they'll have him in some future film, who knows (Lex sure will be in more than just one movie if they go for a Justice League franchise). I guess they want to have a young Lex Luthor here - after all, Supes is at the beginning of his "carreer" in this universe so it somewhat makes sense. And if he came to create either Metallo or Bizarro (the only legitimate deformed clone of Supes), that would be fine by this DC Comics enthusiast. :wink:

Cranston may have never actually been courted... Washington may have turned them down-flat. I believe Phoenix was courted at eleventh hour, and turned them down.

They went with Eisenberg.

:squigglemouth:

Another Justice League member will appear in the film....Cyborg. Stage actor Ray Fisher is in negotiations to play the former football player turned bionic superhero.

Secret Executioner
Another Justice League member will appear in the film....Cyborg. Stage actor Ray Fisher is in negotiations to play the former football player turned bionic superhero.

Looks like they're going with the more recent incarnations of the League - and this one seems IMO like a good cast.

BTW, is the 2011 Green Lantern movie to be a part of this universe or does it remain a completely different entity ?

Drunken Monk

First look at Ben Affleck as Batman...

zJzGpPP.jpg

Looks like they're going for a burlier, Frank Miller-esque version of the caped crusader.

As you may see, I changed the title of the thread because the official title, announced today is

BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!

Secret Executioner

According to Dark Horizons, there is to be a Supes statue in the movie (though it's unknown if it will be some kind of easter egg or a statue featured throughout the film). :ooh:

Noelle Shadow Kick

In general I like the Wonder Woman costume, but (like any self-respecting nerd) I have some nitpicks haha.

I agree with the complaints about the color palette, too dreary. Someone get a leash on Zach Snyder, please lol. Someone put the new WW outfit next to all the girls from Sucker Punch and she looks EXACTLY like them. The same color palette, same background image, same outfit-type. Almost embarassing, really.

Her armored boots seem cool until you realize they're FUCKING STILETTOS. Her New 52 costume is more practical than that haha.

Last, her tiara just doesn't seem to fit her face right. Shouldn't that have been the easy part?

In general, I would have loved an actress more like Lucy Lawless to play the part, and I'm still disappointed in the studios for picking the worlds thinnest actress. That said, Gal Gadot (of course) looks drop dead gorgeous, I just hope she can do the role proud!

(Sorry for the nerd rant, as I'm sure you can tell I'm a huge WW fan :nerd:)

Secret Executioner
In general I like the Wonder Woman costume, but (like any self-respecting nerd) I have some nitpicks haha.

I agree with the complaints about the color palette, too dreary. Someone get a leash on Zach Snyder, please lol. Someone put the new WW outfit next to all the girls from Sucker Punch and she looks EXACTLY like them. The same color palette, same background image, same outfit-type. Almost embarassing, really.

Her armored boots seem cool until you realize they're FUCKING STILETTOS. Her New 52 costume is more practical than that haha.

Last, her tiara just doesn't seem to fit her face right. Shouldn't that have been the easy part?

In general, I would have loved an actress more like Lucy Lawless to play the part, and I'm still disappointed in the studios for picking the worlds thinnest actress. That said, Gal Gadot (of course) looks drop dead gorgeous, I just hope she can do the role proud!

(Sorry for the nerd rant, as I'm sure you can tell I'm a huge WW fan :nerd:)

Honestly, no problem with your nitpicking especially considering you got valid points here:

- the costume looks meh at best, where are the usual colors for WW ?! She looks more like a 300 reject (no offense) than WW...

- this actress is way too thin - I'm not asking for a female version of Dolph Lundgren, but at least get someone remotely athletic looking.

- this actress is way too thin - I'm not asking for a female version of Dolph Lundgren, but at least get someone remotely athletic looking.

Ummm...she may look thin, but don't be fooled. Before she was an actress/model...she served in the Israeli military for two years, so she has a bit of a background. Plus, she was even more skinnier before that and gained some muscle by learning various martial arts for the role. Plus, she did do all of her own stunts in the Fast and Furious films so that counts for something.

I think she may just surprise everyone with her take on WW. That's what I think anyway. As they say...I wouldn't judge the book by its cover in this case. Guess we'll wait til the movie comes out and decide then.

Drunken Monk

I just think Snyder went against what Wonder Woman actually is. She's an amazonian for fuck's sake. She's not meant to be this nubile little waif.

I know Gal Gadot has martial arts experience and may pull off the role perfectly, but I'd have liked to see someone a little less stereotypical play the role. Someone with a bulkier build. Someone who says women don't have to be skinny and a sex symbol to be the hero.

Filming has been completed, according to cinematographer Larry Fong. Now comes the whole post-production that will take quite a while.