Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

AlbertV

I thought I would start an official thread for the Man of Steel sequel since everyone has not stopped talking about it since last weekend's major news.

Confirmed

-Zack Snyder is returning to direct the film.

-Henry Cavill is reprising his role of Clark Kent/Superman

-Amy Adams is reprising her role of Lois Lane

-Batman will be in the sequel, with Ben Affleck taking the role of Bruce Wayne and his alter ego.

-Legendary Pictures, who helped with the first film, will NOT be involved with the sequel as they have jumped ship to Universal, meaning there is a very slim chance that Christopher Nolan, who produced the original, will be involved.

-The movie is scheduled is officially Batman vs. Superman (Changed title on past).

-Bryan Cranston will NOT play Lex Luthor. He himself confirmed this.

Update:

Dick Grayson is set to be in the upcoming film, but not as Robin, but rather...Nightwing.

Dark Horizons reports that rising newcomer Adam Driver (J.EDGAR) is the front runner but also having said to possibly audition are Ezra Miller (THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER) and Penn Badgely (GOSSIP GIRL).

This past weekend, Kevin Smith, a longtime friend of Ben Affleck, bearhugged Zack Snyder...why? Because he has seen Affleck in the new Batsuit and according to Smith, this is a suit never seen in the films and people will go nuts. Courtesy of Dark Horizons. No nips on this suit...one can only wonder what suit they are using...perhaps one designed from one of the video games???

Secret Executioner

Dick Grayson will be Nightwing ? Cool by me. As long as Dick isn't some annoying whiny teenage douchebag like in the Schumacher movies (especially Batman & Robin)...

I had read stuff about the Batsuit being based on the one from a graphic novel called Noel. So far, I never found any batsuit really bad in the movies so I am sure this one will be nice too. I just hope an outfit closer to what Bats has in the comics will be used. Enough with black armors, a simple greyish costume with black cowl and cape could be nice.

Concerning Luthor apparently being absent, it could be nice to have another big enemy of Superman in this... I remember the villain for the sequel of MOS being only referred to as an earthling some time ago and if it wasn't a reference to Batman (whose presence in the film wasn't known yet), my guess is that maybe a supervillain from Earth will be used (because unlike what we saw in the 5 previous Superman movies, no, Luthor isn't Supes only enemy from Earth or even at all). I would be really into it if Metallo was used. The guy sounds like a logical choice: he's a very strong opponent (yeah, he's no Doomsday or Darkseid, but still pretty hard to beat), nearly impossible to destroy or kill (and this Supes seems a bit too eager to kill, as seen with Zod) and he runs on kryptonite, which is Superman's weakness.

I had read stuff about the Batsuit being based on the one from a graphic novel called Noel. So far, I never found any batsuit really bad in the movies so I am sure this one will be nice too. I just hope an outfit closer to what Bats has in the comics will be used. Enough with black armors, a simple greyish costume with black cowl and cape could be nice.

I agree...because as Batman says in the LEGO Movie.."I only work in black...and sometimes...very very dark grey!" :D

nYCVnWStLrg

Here it is...the battle you've been waiting for...Batman vs. Superman!!! LOL (okay, so its Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy, who've played Superman's and Batman's voice actors respectively in the DC Universe cartoons)

So now the latest rumor involves the title. Warner Brothers is still thinking of keeping Man of Steel as the main title with a subtitle to involve Batman. They have a few registered domains listed...if you had to choose what would you pick as the title?

"Man of Steel Battle the Knight"

"Man of Steel Beyond Darkness"

"Man of Steel Black of Knight"

"Man of Steel Darkness Falls"

"Man of Steel Knight Falls"

"Man of Steel Shadow of the Night"

"Man of Steel The Blackest Hour"

"Man of Steel The Darkness Within"

If I had to choose, I think either #2 or #4 sounds best.

Secret Executioner

"Man of Steel The Blackest Hour" sounds too much like the Blackest Hour arc, which had more to do with the Green Lanterns than Supes.

Otherwise, I like these:

"Man of Steel Darkness Falls"

"Man of Steel Knight Falls"

"Man of Steel Shadow of the Night"

Princess Diana/Wonder Woman is officially confirmed to be in the film via director Zack Snyder and Israeli actress Gal Gadot has scored the role. She is best known for playing Gisele, Han's girlfriend, in Fast and Furious #4-#6.

Dark Horizons

Noelle Shadow Kick

Yeah I'm curious as to what you guys think of the Wonder Woman casting? I work at DC Comics and the office has been in a tizzy about it haha.

I like that they cast someone Eastern European looking, this was what I was hoping they'd do. She doesn't have the Amazonian build, but I hope she can bulk up a bit. Lucy Lawless has that great Amazon build that I had been hoping for something similar as Wonder Woman, but Gal Gadot's face is a great match and I'm happy they didn't white wash WW.

Gadot is gorgeous, but I'm worried that she can't speak English well enough for such an iconic role. WW can easily have a mediterranean-type accent, but I'm worried that Gadot is too untested to pull it off. For now, I'll be cautiously optimistic lol.

What do you guys think?

It's terrible casting. I'm not even a Wonder Woman fan but I just can't see Gadot pulling it off. Not unless she really packs on some muscle.

Secret Executioner

I'm a bit puzzled. We've seen a Norse god played by someone who is no Scandinavian, American heroes and villains played by Brits, Australians (Batman played by Christian Bale, Joker by Heath Ledger) or even a Belgian (Guile played by Van Damme), so I guess ethnic origins shouldn't matter - less than the credibility, and a skinny pretty face isn't exactly the actress I'd choose to play Wonder Woman (pretty, yes, but with muscle and a built, not a sack of bones).

Another missed opportunity if you ask me.

Jason Momoa is reportedly in talks too and the article mentions that if they are assembling brief appearances of JLA members, Momoa could possibly play Martian Manhunter. The villain may be either Metallo or Doomsday possibly...only spec.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jason-momoa-talks-join-batman-664185

I'm a bit puzzled. We've seen a Norse god played by someone who is no Scandinavian, American heroes and villains played by Brits, Australians (Batman played by Christian Bale, Joker by Heath Ledger) or even a Belgian (Guile played by Van Damme), so I guess ethnic origins shouldn't matter - less than the credibility, and a skinny pretty face isn't exactly the actress I'd choose to play Wonder Woman (pretty, yes, but with muscle and a built, not a sack of bones).

Another missed opportunity if you ask me.

It all started with mis-casting Affleck as Batman. They have names in the loop, but WB/DC keep dropping passes like they aren't trying. Look at the list of other possible candidates for mentioned roles:

Batman-Josh Brolin-(Bale again also)

Wonder Woman-Jamie Alexander, Gina Carino

Lex Luthor-Bryan Cranston, Denzel Washington

These are simply a few names bantied about...

ShaOW!linDude

It's like they are deliberately casting against type. "We don't want someone who everybody will be comparing as far as looking like the comic book character." Uh, yeah, ya do! They could easily find someone who fits the build (pun!) and can act their way out of an invisible plane.

TibetanWhiteCrane

If you know how the Hollywood system actually works, none of this is surprising. it's not about who's best for the role. It's studio politics, favors, deals made through agents. Preciously few at the executive level in Hollywood even knows or cares fuck-all about film. They are suits who might as well run a fortune 500 company. It's all corporations. Things like vision, passion, artistic integrity, respect for the craft are antiquated notions.

Though even by current Hollywood standards, the Batfleck decision is one monumental headscratcher.

Secret Executioner
Jason Momoa is reportedly in talks too and the article mentions that if they are assembling brief appearances of JLA members, Momoa could possibly play Martian Manhunter. The villain may be either Metallo or Doomsday possibly...only spec.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jason-momoa-talks-join-batman-664185

Better keep Doomsday (same for Darkseid BTW) for later. Maybe in a Justice League movie ? Metallo would be a better idea.

Cool idea to have the Martian in there. :bigsmile:

If you know how the Hollywood system actually works, none of this is surprising. it's not about who's best for the role. It's studio politics, favors, deals made through agents. Preciously few at the executive level in Hollywood even knows or cares fuck-all about film. They are suits who might as well run a fortune 500 company. It's all corporations. Things like vision, passion, artistic integrity, respect for the craft are antiquated notions.

Though even by current Hollywood standards, the Batfleck decision is one monumental headscratcher.

Uh-yeah!...

What he said!

:nerd:

Well, the new Spiderman, you know, Peter Parker, the all american Peter Parker is now being played by a jewish guy. And all american next door Wonderwoman is going to be played by a jewish female that looks like she hates eating. Shortage of american male and female actors.

Secret Executioner
Well, the new Spiderman, you know, Peter Parker, the all american Peter Parker is now being played by a jewish guy. And all american next door Wonderwoman is going to be played by a jewish female that looks like she hates eating. Shortage of american male and female actors.

Well, WW is mediterranean but why bother getting an actress from a Mediterranean country when Thor is played by a guy who's not Scandinavian at all, Batman by a Welshman (Christian Bale) and Joker by an Australian guy (Heath Ledger) ?

Those who are worrying about Gal Gadot being too skinny for WW will know she has begun her training for Wonder Woman..she plans to add body mass and has been studying martial arts as part of her regimen.

Check out her interview HERE

New York Daily News revealed the most shocking casting since Ben Affleck was casted as Batman....Jesse Eisenberg has signed to play Lex Luthor!!! Yes, Zack Snyder himself confirmed the casting.

And in more casting news...Jeremy Irons will be playing Alfred Pennyworth...yup Batman's butler.

Secret Executioner
New York Daily News revealed the most shocking casting since Ben Affleck was casted as Batman....Jesse Eisenberg has signed to play Lex Luthor!!! Yes, Zack Snyder himself confirmed the casting.

And in more casting news...Jeremy Irons will be playing Alfred Pennyworth...yup Batman's butler.

Jeremy Irons sounds okay. But the other guy for Lex Luthor... Seriously, WTF ?! It's even worse than Electro's look for Amazing Spiderman 2...

BTW, hurray for Luthor being in it. I so missed seeing him in a Superman movie, but hey, Superman has so few villains to fight...

I have to admit...I was shocked at first to hear of Eisenberg playing Lex Luthor. However, over the weekend, I gave it some thought...

I can picture him completely bald and if he can channel what Michael Rosenbaum had done when he played Lex Luthor on Smallville, then he actually could pull it off.

I have a hunch with all of this, they are going to shoot Justice League back-to-back...at least that is what Warner is thinking of doing.