Tony Jaa's 2013 demo reel

Drunken Monk

aka Tom Yum Goong aka The Protector is the 2-disc R1 release from Dragon Dynasty which is very cheap right now (has a short version and the longer version; don't watch the shorter version).

Ok, its The Protector, I have heard of it, I do see it cheap here and there, Ill keep an eye out! Thanks!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aka Tom Yum Goong aka The Protector is the 2-disc R1 release from Dragon Dynasty which is very cheap right now (has a short version and the longer version; don't watch the shorter version).

is the UK version a.k.a. The Warrior King the long or the shorter version?

Another demo has just been posted on youtube, don't know why but this time Tony is doing a rather odd looking Michael Jackson impersonation.

Also I think it was mentioned in the TYG 2 thread but for those that don't know it seems that Tony has signed up for Fast & Furious 7.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a509663/fast-and-furious-7-casts-ong-bak-star-tony-jaa.html

Wow, the Jacko style was awkward looking....

Totally, I guess he's just experimenting perhaps in order to play a different type of character, personally I think it's good just to see him back on the scene.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Im kinda over him.... have been for a while. I'll still check out his future films if they look promising, but the initial excitement he stirred in me with Ong Bak has definitely dwindled with each of his subsequent movies.

Im kinda over him.... have been for a while. I'll still check out his future films if they look promising, but the initial excitement he stirred in me with Ong Bak has definitely dwindled with each of his subsequent movies.

I feel the same, I don't think anything he does in future will have anywhere near the impact of the original Ong Bak movie but out of curiosity if nothing else i'll still keep an eye on what he's doing.

at least it wasn't filled with slow motion this time and overall was much better. I'm still not sure why he's doing these demo reels but at least he's trying some different things out. I think really he needs to get another good action packed film out sooner rather than later. like Andy I don't think Tony Jaa is going to ever surpass Ong Bak but I hope he doesn't stop trying.

I'd certainly like to see him having another crack at a more kung fu-based movie like Ong Bak 2. or even an Expendables type movie but with a cast of some of the best talent around like Scott Adkins, Johnny Ngyuen(SP??), Wu Jing, Johnny Yong Bosch, Eric Jacobus etc rather than a bunch of has beens

Maybe the role he wants in Fast and Furious 7 is based on MJ? Adding to blue_skies' comment on trying different things out, it does look like he's trying show he is versatile enough for any choreography.

Anyone else think of Jet Li in Lethal Weapon 4 when first reading Tony signed up for Fast and Furious 7?

I actually think that it will be something more like Joe Taslim's role in F&F6 after his success in The Raid.

One fight and a couple of lines

OpiumKungFuCracker
I actually think that it will be something more like Joe Taslim's role in F&F6 after his success in The Raid.

One fight and a couple of lines

Tony Jaa is a bigger talent than Taslim. No way is he going to have just one fight and a couple of lines. He will be an integral part of the story and film.. This is Tony Jaa we're talking about and I'm kinda irritated at all the Tony Jaa hate going on here.

Anyone else think of Jet Li in Lethal Weapon 4 when first reading Tony signed up for Fast and Furious 7?

yeah I did too:tongue:

It must be a requirement now that major movie stars in Asia must have their Hollywood debut in the fourth or higher installment of a movie franchise. Hopefully, they don't have him as a bad guy.

It must be a requirement now that major movie stars in Asia must have their Hollywood debut in the fourth or higher installment of a movie franchise. Hopefully, they don't have him as a bad guy.

I don't know it might be fun watching Tony Jaa play a bad guy and I know like Jet Li In Lethal Weapon 4 I would be rooting for him:tongue:

Archived