Skin Traffik (2014)

AlbertV

Moviehole

Gary Daniels is starring in this new film revolving around a jaded hitman in the world of human trafficking. It co-stars Eric Roberts, Dominique Swain, Jeff Fahey, Daryl Hannah, Michael Madsen, and Mickey Rourke. Shooting has recently begun and the director is perhaps a favorite of some fans here at the forums...

Ara Paiaya is directing the film!!! The last movie he did was his indie feature The Suppressor in 2011. This will be his first film only behind the scenes I am guessing. Personally, I am stoked because I've been a fan of Paiaya's indie films and it will be great to see him work with a veteran cast. :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Cool. I'd be down for this, I reckon. Looking forward to a trailer. Never seen any of AP's films but I've always wanted to. The clips I've seen of him in action looked good.

One Armed Boxer

The title is disturbingly similar to 'Beautiful Boxer' director Ekachai Uekrongtham's upcoming movie, 'Skin Trade', which will star Tony Jaa & Dolph Lundgren.

Hopefully both of them turn out well, but I think I'm still looking forward to Uekrongtham's effort more, if only to see how an arthouse director handles a guy like Jaa....oh, and that movie has spelled its title correctly as well.:tongue:

I am in the midst of getting an interview with Ara Paiaya to discuss Skin Traffik. He got the questions and he will respond next week.

In the meantime, here is the trailer and Ara himself is also in the movie as you can see from the trailer.

q-9A2ZVq1YI

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I am in the midst of getting an interview with Ara Paiaya to discuss Skin Traffik. He got the questions and he will respond next week.

In the meantime, here is the trailer and Ara himself is also in the movie as you can see from the trailer.

I'm not familiar with Are Paiaya or his work. Who is he in the trailer Albert? I'm guessing he's a martial artist himself based on ShaOW!linDude's comment.

I'm not familiar with Are Paiaya or his work. Who is he in the trailer Albert? I'm guessing he's a martial artist himself based on ShaOW!linDude's comment.

In the scene where the two girls are with a bunch of goons, he's the dark haired guy dressed in black.

Ara is a Scotland-based martial artist whose influence was Jackie Chan and Hong Kong action. He did a series of shorts called "Dubbed and Dangerous" (Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund actually makes a cameo in the 3rd film) and did some pretty good indie films based out of Scotland.

This is his first major film with a Hollywood cast. He directed, produced, exec produced, came up with the story, DOP, editor, and was the film's action and fight coordinator.

Jonathan Ross did a feature on him:

Nh5x-Cny9SU

Here's a taste of some of Ara's homegrown work

P0zXTQPut8c

Secret Executioner
The title is disturbingly similar to 'Beautiful Boxer' director Ekachai Uekrongtham's upcoming movie, 'Skin Trade', which will star Tony Jaa & Dolph Lundgren.

Yeah, I got puzzled by the title too. Looks like this one has NOTHING to do with the Jaa/Lundgren film.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
In the scene where the two girls are with a bunch of goons, he's the dark haired guy dressed in black.

Ara is a Scotland-based martial artist whose influence was Jackie Chan and Hong Kong action. He did a series of shorts called "Dubbed and Dangerous" (Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund actually makes a cameo in the 3rd film) and did some pretty good indie films based out of Scotland.

This is his first major film with a Hollywood cast. He directed, produced, exec produced, came up with the story, DOP, editor, and was the film's action and fight coordinator.

Jonathan Ross did a feature on him:

Nh5x-Cny9SU

Here's a taste of some of Ara's homegrown work

P0zXTQPut8c

Thanks for the info and clips Al. Bummer though- the videos won't play. When I click on them I get a message tat says they are "private".

Yeah, I got puzzled by the title too. Looks like this one has NOTHING to do with the Jaa/Lundgren film.

Right, no connection between these two films at all (other than their subject matter).

Both films have the similar theme of human trafficking and yes both have martial arts action in it.

The difference:

-Skin Traffik's lead character is a hitman

-Skin Trade's lead characters are a NYPD officer and a Thai detective

Personally, I would make these a double feature when they are released :)

Archived