Yuen Wah in Enter The Dragon

David Rees

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one is discrediting Jackie, he will always be an icon. Its just interesting to know what stuntmen did in certain films....

OpiumKungFuCracker

You guys aren't saying that but once fans from outside this circle knows that, those people will.

Drunken Monk
You guys aren't saying that but once fans from outside this circle knows that, those people will.

While it doesn't discredit his legendary status as an action star, it does discredit the whole, "I do all my own stunts" motto that came with him, early on.

The same goes for Tony Jaa's new film. It's seemingly packed with wires and CGI which dismisses his earlier attempts at being the action star that requires no assistance.

It's not a bad thing, per se. In my opinion, if it makes the film more interesting than use stunt doubles.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yeah well... fanboys will be fanboys. Im not bothered by hurting their delicate feelings or ruining their illusions. Once got death threats for a totally random comment I made on a JC vid on youtube... I pity them, if anything.

Phantom Dreamer
It is well known that Yuen Wah doubled Bruce Lee for flips etc in Enter The Dragon, but here is a photo where you can actually see its him, about to do the flip kick vs Bob Wall...

leewah_zps31690002.jpg

Is he wearing Bruce Lee's wardrobe, or did he have his own separate set?

Is he wearing Bruce Lee's wardrobe, or did he have his own separate set?

Looks like he's wearing Lee's wardrobe, because Lee had his specially tailored and pressed for the shoot. Many extras once mentioned his love for properly pressed silk suits...

Oh-and he's wearing a Lee-like wig, complements of Ho Chung Tao.

:bigsmile:

Archived