Yuen Wah in Enter The Dragon

David Rees

It is well known that Yuen Wah doubled Bruce Lee for flips etc in Enter The Dragon, but here is a photo where you can actually see its him, about to do the flip kick vs Bob Wall...

leewah_zps31690002.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Even as a naive kid I always felt that the post sammo fight flip and Bob Wall flip kick wasn't done by Bruce. But my friend would go mental if I ever mentioned it. Once at a kids birthday party, the parents had rented some videos for us to watch, ETD among them (the others being Neverending Story and Rambo 2... I still remember) so anyway, I mention that I don't think Bruce does the flips. Another kid agrees, and my friend throws an epic tantrum, throws his soda across the living room and runs home.

Aaah, Bruce Lee fans...:tongue:

Drunken Monk
Even as a naive kid I always felt that the post sammo fight flip and Bob Wall flip kick wasn't done by Bruce. But my friend would go mental if I ever mentioned it. Once at a kids birthday party, the parents had rented some videos for us to watch, ETD among them (the others being Neverending Story and Rambo 2... I still remember) so anyway, I mention that I don't think Bruce does the flips. Another kid agrees, and my friend throws an epic tantrum, throws his soda across the living room and runs home.

Aaah, Bruce Lee fans...:tongue:

Some Bruce fans are the worst and simply refuse to admit the man was anything but flawless. I've had similar debates with people adamant that he performed all his stunts as well as claims like, "Did you know Ip Man stopped teaching him because he ended being better than Ip Man?"

RogueWarrior
Some "Did you know Ip Man stopped teaching him because he ended being better than Ip Man?"

NO WAY. (throws my soda across the living room and runs home)

;)

Drunken Monk

Does anyone have any other pictures like this: Jet Li, Jackie Chan et al with their stunt doubles? I think it's great to see these myths somewhat debunked via photographic evidence.

Not because I'm an arsehole but because I think these stunt people need to get some recognition.

Ok, ok...and I'm an arsehole.

Drunken Monk
plenty of jackie being doubled by the likes of Mars and Chin Kar Lok floating about

Yeah, but only low quality paused screen caps. I was wondering if there were any good quality behind the scenes stills like the one above.

True, but if there (I said 'if') there were to be BTS shots from Thunderbolt floating around for example, Chin Kar Lok would at least be somewhat visible in them.

thesmileysmiler

In the outtakes over the credits for City Hunter, when Jackie messes up the stunt and people rush to his aid, one of them is clearly his stunt double as he is wearing exactly the same outfit. I remember watching it back in the mid 90s, and that was the first time I realised that maybe Jackie was sometimes doubled.

In the outtakes over the credits for City Hunter, when Jackie messes up the stunt and people rush to his aid, one of them is clearly his stunt double as he is wearing exactly the same outfit. I remember watching it back in the mid 90s, and that was the first time I realised that maybe Jackie was sometimes doubled.

Thats Mars doubling Norton, was it Chin Kar Lok doubling Jackie?

There was a photo in a japanese magazine from the boatfight in DRAGONS FOREVER, where you can clearly see Jackie being doubled...i don't know the stuntdouble's identity...he looks a bit like Chris Li, but i think it's someone else...

DF_ladderkick.jpg

DF_ladderkickcrop180.jpg

Chinatown Kid

Martial Artists being doubled for acrobatics doesn't bother me in films because they don't have the special training for it that say Chinese Opera students had. They can't be expected to have that ability and acrobatics serve no functinal use in actual combat anyway. It sure looks good in films though!

Think alot of the time Jackie was doubled due to injuries and also cus he was prob filming other things at the same time,has done an awful lot of his own stuff tho,even Yuen biao has been doubled!

KSc3V_h56Z0

This was all Jackie!!!

According to sources it was Stanley Tong who did the jump, as Jackie's knee's could not take the landing.

According to sources it was Stanley Tong who did the jump, as Jackie's knee's could not take the landing.

NO WAY. (throws my soda across the living room and runs home)

:wink:

c1b69ad8_KirkTantrum.gif

:xd:

TibetanWhiteCrane

If JC did the hovercraft jump first, then there's no way he did the rooftop jump later on in the shoot... no with that foot.

OpiumKungFuCracker

So guys because JC didn't do most of his stunt, that discredits him from being an action icon? Don't they list the stuntmen in the end credits anyways?

Archived