Zatoichi Criterion Set -- November 26, 2013

masterofoneinchpunch

Yeah, I've ordered things from Overstock before with no problem, but I've never pre-ordered dvds/blu rays from them, either. I guess I'll find out how it goes. :wink:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker
How long does the 50% sale last until?

http://criterioncast.com/news/barnes-nobles-50-off-sale-on-criterion-collection-dvds-and-blu-rays-has-returned/

According to these guys, December 2nd. Seriously guys, now is the time to take advantage of this sale and grab your most wanted box sets now at cheap price and be sure to sign up for B&N membership where you get an addition 10% discount, fuck yeah!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Since it'll end on Dec 2nd, might as well go to you local B&N to pick your dvd/blruay up including the Zatoichi set. I'm not sure if at checkout online, the 10% kicks in because I tried checking out but I don't see the additional 10??? I'm actually going to pick up the John Cassavettes 5 film box set on baby blu today, been wanting to get that. Does anybody have any knowledge on John Cassavettes filmography??

masterofoneinchpunch
Since it'll end on Dec 2nd, might as well go to you local B&N to pick your dvd/blruay up including the Zatoichi set. I'm not sure if at checkout online, the 10% kicks in because I tried checking out but I don't see the additional 10??? I'm actually going to pick up the John Cassavettes 5 film box set on baby blu today, been wanting to get that. Does anybody have any knowledge on John Cassavettes filmography??

The 10% does not work online for this promotion. They took that off a few years back (I am a B&N member) for these Criterion sales. I will be picking up this set though.

I have seen the set and all the extras on the Criterion Cassavettes set -- what would you like to know? I am not a fan of his work though I know many people who are so take my opinions for what they are. I have rarely been more annoyed with a film than with Faces where the overuse (that is the point) of close-ups and the melodramatic acting. He is heralded as an important (he is, I grant him that) auteur who helped usher an age of independent filmmaking (he is not the first important independent filmmaker, not even close as some websites would state; another mistake that is written on him is that he improvises his films which is not true except for Shadows -- my favorite film of his.)

Looking at getting this but I'm a little confused about the specifications.

It's gonna be dual BD/DVD, but as there's only 9 BD's I take it each disc will have multiple films on it?

Does anyone know if this will see a region 2/UK release? I don't have a multi region Blu Ray player.. I'm thinking of getting one, but they aren't cheap.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The set which includes the 50% discount along with the 10% for being a B&N member AND

an additional 20% coupon I got in the mail came to a grand total of:

$86!!!!!!

photo3_zps1b527950.jpg

photo1_zps4e9b68a5.jpg

Ok, even though I can't play region A blu rays, I had to go for this at 50% off and only $10 shipping to the UK. I can play the DVDs, and one day will get a multi region blu, I hope!

I'd love to get this but I can't play the Region A Blu-Rays and I already have a DVD Box set which features 9 of the Zatoichi films. Otherwise I would of jumped on this straight away.

Guys, the set is AWESOME. The films look stunning on Blu. It's really a dream come true for any Zatoichi fan. I highly recommend picking the set up while the B&N 50% off Criterion sale is going down.

Now that it's Black Friday in the USA, there's also an additional 30% off one item too!!!

Guys, the set is AWESOME. The films look stunning on Blu. It's really a dream come true for any Zatoichi fan. I highly recommend picking the set up while the B&N 50% off Criterion sale is going down.

Now that it's Black Friday in the USA, there's also an additional 30% off one item too!!!

Yes, yes, and YES!!!

:nerd:

OpiumKungFuCracker
Mine is being shipped!

I believe this will be my favorite dvd/bluray purchase.....ever.

It is, you're gonna love it. Comes with a book and supplements you can shake a stick with, it's insane that goes on in the packaging. A hell of a deal during black friday and yes folks I'm part of the downfall of society contributing to Black Friday but come on, I'm broke as shit!!!

Archived