Pray For Death (1985) Uncut Version?

luciofulci

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone out there happen to have the uncut version of Pray for Death (1985)? From what I understand there was some kind of bootleg Greek VHS circulating at one point that was fully uncut.

Does anyone have this? If so please get in touch - I have lots to trade.

Many thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link, although from what I have read this version is still missing some footage that is present in the Greek VHS:

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-17324.html

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47304&page=1

Here is another article on the uncut version:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/on-celluloid-chopping-block-pray-for.html?zx=f77225539db6cca4

So it looks like the only fully uncut release is the Greek VHS. However I did manage to find someone selling this on ebay, although it's quite expensive. If anyone has it and wants to trade please let me know.

Thanks

sad thing is: Greek VHS is horrible Fullscreen crop (2.35 Movie). The French VHS is Widescreen, but French dubbed and darkish print. Movie has such a sad history :(

MGM Remaster is the heavily edited Print too :(

Yeah it is a shame. Hopefully if I can get a copy of the Greek VHS I can splice the uncut scenes into the MGM release. It won't be great but it will better than a cut version. I think that is what the bootleg 'uncut' DVD tried to do but they only included one of the uncut scenes.

Another possiblity would be take the audio from the uncut scenes on the Greek VHS, merge that with the video from the uncut scenes on the French VHS and then put them into the MGM release. Then at least the whole thing would be widescreen and in English.

If anyone out there has both the French VHS and Greek VHS I'd be happy to have a go at doing this.

Yeah it is a shame. Hopefully if I can get a copy of the Greek VHS I can splice the uncut scenes into the MGM release. It won't be great but it will better than a cut version. I think that is what the bootleg 'uncut' DVD tried to do but they only included one of the uncut scenes.

Another possiblity would be take the audio from the uncut scenes on the Greek VHS, merge that with the video from the uncut scenes on the French VHS and then put them into the MGM release. Then at least the whole thing would be widescreen and in English.

If anyone out there has both the French VHS and Greek VHS I'd be happy to have a go at doing this.

I have the Greek VHS ripped on DVD if that can help you. Don't have the French VHS.

Hi bigrogie,

That's great, I'll send you a PM now.

So now all we need is a copy of the widescreen, uncut, french dubbed VHS - does anyone have it?

Did this most worth project ever come to fruition? I LOVE this film and would LOVE to see it UNCUT, and would happily compensate for a copy of such.

I'm hoping that after the recent blu ray releases of Ninja 3 and (at the end of May) Enter the Ninja & Revenge of the Ninja that somebody picks this one up, it's about time.

i got very good news, a German Label is working on a FULL UNCUT Bluray Version from old HD Sources to reconstruct the longest Version as seen in Europe in Cinemas / VHS.

(working from French Cinema Prints, where it was screened uncut, and the MGM Remastered R-Rated Material)

it will include the R-Rated and the full uncut Version in true HD. no joke here :) i helped with some Bonus stuff and know it's due this year.

and yes, in poper 2.35 too. a DVD maybe too, but i have no idea if both prints or just one will be on it.

i got very good news, a German Label is working on a FULL UNCUT Bluray Version from old HD Sources to reconstruct the longest Version as seen in Europe in Cinemas / VHS.

(working from French Cinema Prints, where it was screened uncut, and the MGM Remastered R-Rated Material)

it will include the R-Rated and the full uncut Version in true HD. no joke here :) i helped with some Bonus stuff and know it's due this year.

and yes, in poper 2.35 too. a DVD maybe too, but i have no idea if both prints or just one will be on it.

Awesome, Spannick! Fantastic news! Can't wait to own this old favourite in a proper uncut HD version at last. Can you give us a hint on the bonus stuff...? :nerd:

Sho Kosugi Interview (19 Mins, from Time of Release), German and English Trailer, Picture Gallery. that's all.

Sho Kosugi Interview (19 Mins, from Time of Release), German and English Trailer, Picture Gallery. that's all.

Excellent, thank you in advance for your efforts!

Mine has not been even shipped yet:tinysmile_angry2_t:
i ordered as soon as it went up?maybe shipping in date of order. As for the disc,just watched it,very pleased,nice transfer from the MGM HD master i think,the added uncut scenes are of lesser quality but pretty good.

i ordered as soon as it went up?maybe shipping in date of order.

I placed an order on same day you posted links above. Picked with both covers and 3 other titles(which have been released)..Hopefully they manage to ship on coming week:angel:

quality is very good,slight change when the scenes from the uncut french print are inserted but they are still HD

will be in for Rage Of Honor.be interesting to see if 101 films release the uncut version or the R-Rated MGM print.i'm guessing the latter.

101 Films have confirmed it's the 92 minute version that MGM have supplied them with which I guess is the R-Rated. I'm in the UK and the previous video release many years ago was heavily edited by the BBFC (running time was just 89 mins) and they cut out shurikens, nunchakus and most of the ninja weapons making it difficult to watch. I'm aware that the "uncut" version contains extended scenes such as the hospital rape and the massacre in the restaurant but a number of people have stated that these scenes don't particularly add to the movie so I guess I can live without them. What i'd like to know is does the MGM R-Rated version have all the fights and ninja stuff intact? As long as the martial arts sequences aren't affected i'd probably still get it, any thoughts guys?

Archived