Furious 7 (2015)

AlbertV

actually I just checked Tony's official FB, and he replied to someone's comment who asked about this, saying he will be in "more" than just the beginning! let's hope he gets in at least 2 fight scenes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks rather ok, but the thing I hate about the series is that it doesn't really have any good car chases. They're just turbo-charged action films with too many explosions, tanks and whatever, with very little to offer for fans of old school chase films. I suppose the target audience would get bored if it was just two cars driving fast.

I would agree with that, with the exception of Fast Five's final car chase with the police. that was an incredibly done chase scene, definitely the best in the series. I like how they're incorporating screen fighting into the mix with the last couple entries, and the casting is great too. Furious 7 is actually one of my most anticipated upcoming movies now

I think the balance is good mix. In 6 there was the chase around London, which although is wildly improbably (not to mention the lack of congestion charge!) it was great and I think that the addition of fist fights elevates the franchise to new heights as one of the few bona-fide mainstream action franchises currently running.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Like with all these movies, they show way too much in the trailer, leaving me overwhelmed like a motherfucker. I was blown away by the trailer for the last one and upon watching it, it fizzled quick like the Seahawks last play at the Superbowl. This one is no different.

Yeah, I agree. I was blown away when I fist saw the plane sequence. Then I thought - what if I didn't know this was coming, as good as i will look on the big screen. Plus I'm going to try not to watch any more trailers. Having said that, they seem to focus more on the 'big' stunts in the trailers, thereby leavng out a lot of the fisticuffs, meaning that we can watch them unfold when it's released without prior knowledge. We've seen no footage of Tony Jaa in action for example, or Diesel vs Statham.

As we are weeks away from the release of FURIOUS 7, here's a featurette on the new cast members joining this installment:

Jason Statham as Deckard Shaw

Kurt Russell as Petty

Nathalie Emmanuel as Ramsey

Ronda Rousey as Kara

Tony Jaa as Kiey

Djimon Hounsou as Jakande

5olrpgfMCdQ

The latest Fast and Furious film was given a screening to a public audience for the first time during a secret midnight showing at the SXSW festival and it apparently left viewers in tears.

It proved emotional for fans as they watched what is actor Paul Walker's final film, after he tragically died in a car crash not long before filming was finished.

Apparently, the producer Neal Moritz gave a brief introduction before the beginning of the movie, asking them not to reveal what happens to Walker's character at the end.

We honestly lost a dear friend, brother, comrade, while we were making this movie. When we decided we were going to continue this movie, we were determined to honour his legacy and our love for him. – Neal Mortiz

A popular quote from the film has been doing the rounds though. At one point, Vin Diesel's character says: "Those who are lost, go on in the hearts of the living."

Seriously, I cannot wait for this. I've tried to avoid watching the trailer footage of the fights just so that I'm surprised.

I'm seeing this tomorrow, I don't think I've been this hyped for a film for quite some time. Plus I've stayed away from (most) of the trailers (couldn't resist a quick peek of the first few seconds of the Johnson vs Statham fight). This really could be the best one yet!

OK, so I just watched this and you know what? I haven't had so much fun at the movies for a long time. There is nothing more entertaining than seeing Dwayne Johnson and Jason Stattham smacking seven shades out of each other (although I must say, this bout is much shorter than I'd anticipated, but is nonetheless awesome). Elsewhere, a magnificent setpiece involving a rescue from a moving truck kick starts a fight between the late Paul Walker and Tony Jaa and it's a surprisingly good match up, being a decent length too. Wan doesn't cut away too much either. The racing scenes are just as fast paced and energetic, leading up to a final sequence wherein we finally see the clash of Diesel and Statham. I won't say too much, but I will say it's probably the best fight in the film, and it starts with them wielding wrenches! Overall, what can I say. See it, see it as soon as you can.

I'm really proud of Tony Jaa. He was a highlight of this movie and shined in all his scenes. I'm so glad things are working for him and he's getting treated well now that all the drama is behind him.

I haven't watched any since Tokyo Drift, but after these reviews and the addition of Statham and Jaa, I think I'll check this one out.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I hope jaa hits it big and start making action movies here in the state just like jet li.

Tony Jaa seems so happy. Skin Trade seems like its going to be awesome so I hope Tony Jaa finds his home in Hollywood.

BolCSPoNQcE

Cold Bishop
I haven't watched any since Tokyo Drift, but after these reviews and the addition of Statham and Jaa, I think I'll check this one out.
Honestly, those first three films feel almost like a different series at this point. Start with 5, or even 4, and you start to see the sublime ridiculousness these films have perfected (although I do think almost too much ado is made about them).

While I could do without some of the more gratuitous CGI, these films are really what The Expendables should a done with their bigger cast - the large "all-star" cast with a sense of camaraderie verging on the homoerotic, the villain roles juicy enough to attract equally top talent, a self-effacing sense of humor that nevertheless never lapses into irony or disrupts the earnestness of the drama, and heavy dollops of mayhem that constantly forces the film to top itself.

OpiumKungFuCracker

The best Summer Blockbuster of the year so far. Age of Ultron and Fury Road better be ready. Statham's best role since Snatch. Seriously he was probably my favorite asset of the movie.Jaa was great too, hopefully we get to see him bust out more action movies.

Never been a fan of the series until the 5th installment. Fast 6 was a disappointment for me, but Furious 7 was just great. Too bad they didn't have enough Johnson, he shined every second he was onscreen. His fight with Statham was better that with Vin Diesel and his last battle was ridiculously enjoyable.

Tony Jaa looked slick and menacing and perfect in a bad guy role. I also thought that he's more of a villain material and glad to see I was right. While he didn't do anything extraordinary, he's a perfect fit for this movie.

I wasn't crazy about the fact that the final showdown took place at night, but it's a minor complain.

The thing with Paul Walker was handled very nice and respectful and overall, Furious 7 is the best movie in the series

I watched fast a furious 1 about 10 years ago when it first came out.. And I've MAYBE seen number 2.. Is it a must to have seen all the movies to understand what's going on in F&F7? Or can I go in with no previous knowledge and understand what's going on?

I watched fast a furious 1 about 10 years ago when it first came out.. And I've MAYBE seen number 2.. Is it a must to have seen all the movies to understand what's going on in F&F7? Or can I go in with no previous knowledge and understand what's going on?

I have not seen 6&7 but you can at least safely ignore "tokyo drift", Only connection to series is brief appearance by Vin Diesel in the end.

I have not seen 6&7 but you can at least safely ignore "tokyo drift", Only connection to series is brief appearance by Vin Diesel in the end.

Actually, Tokyo Drift is important because well, you will have to see the end of #6 to find out. Plus, Lucas Black, who starred in Tokyo Drift, makes a cameo in #7 and for good reason. Since you haven't seen either of them, I won't spoil it for you Tex. Think of Tokyo Drift as a cousin to the other films and for good reason!

Archived