Furious 7 (2015)

AlbertV

OpiumKungFuCracker

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/65332

Looks like they're going to start all over and work from the scratch. I agree with this move, it be more appropriate by not having him in the movie even though they shot half the stuff with him. I wouldn't want his storyline forced and awkward into this so by leaving him out of this is the right move. By the end of the credits for Fast 7, they can do like a memorial for Paul Walker/ a paying tribute to him.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like they're going to start all over and work from the scratch. I agree with this move, it be more appropriate by not having him in the movie even though they shot half the stuff with him. I wouldn't want his storyline forced and awkward into this so by leaving him out of this is the right move. By the end of the credits for Fast 7, they can do like a memorial for Paul Walker/ a paying tribute to him.

I'd like to see as much of Walker's final performance as possible, personally.

But if they do as you say and start from scratch, I still think you need to see him a little bit. For example, they should still use the footage of him at Han's funeral as seen in the preview on the Fast 6 disc. Not having him in the movie at all would also be awkward...

Looks like they're going to start all over and work from the scratch. I agree with this move, it be more appropriate by not having him in the movie even though they shot half the stuff with him. I wouldn't want his storyline forced and awkward into this so by leaving him out of this is the right move.

I disagree quite strongly. Destroying all the footage he had worked hard for during the last months of his life would be a poor way to show respect to someone whose life work was to perform for audiences.

Everyone knows he's dead. There is no need to pretend he was never involved with the film. Letting audiences see and enjoy his final work even after his death would be the greatest way to show respect.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'd like to see as much of Walker's final performance as possible, personally.

But if they do as you say and start from scratch, I still think you need to see him a little bit. For example, they should still use the footage of him at Han's funeral as seen in the preview on the Fast 6 disc. Not having him in the movie at all would also be awkward...

I disagree quite strongly. Destroying all the footage he had worked hard for during the last months of his life would be a poor way to show respect to someone whose life work was to perform for audiences.

Everyone knows he's dead. There is no need to pretend he was never involved with the film. Letting audiences see and enjoy his final work even after his death would be the greatest way to show respect.

It depends on how much was shot, right? I mean they can do a stand in the way they did with Brandon Lee but by then Brandon Lee was 98% in completion of the movie. As for Paul Walker, how much was shot? How about put him in the movie but don't have him killed off, which would be tasteless. Takuma, I am fully aware of people knowing that he died but I'm talking about in the movie, movie setting. It could work though, so we'll just see.

How about put him in the movie but don't have him killed off.

This is what I hope they will do. Sounds like at most maybe 60% or so of his scenes were shot. If you can get a double to stand in for an extra 5-10% of some non-essential moments, re-use shots involving car chases/races, and you should be able to explain away his absence in any remaining essential or big group scene. I think the production team should be creative enough to make this work.

This is me being very optimistic though. We just don't know enough right now.

Wasn't it said somewhere that everything else was shot except the final part (supposed to take place in Abu Dhabi)? Sounds like the only thing he would miss is the finale.

If that's correct, then the filmmakers just need to think of a tasteful way to explain why he's not taking part in the finale... (and perhaps alter some of the earlier scenes to make this work).

The good thing with the series is that he and Vin Diesel share the top billing... and there are other strong supporting characters as well. It's not like Harrison Ford died during the filming of Indiana Jones...

As of now, the official word is that production is halted on F&F 7. Universal is debating on whether to continue shooting with the major rewrites OR scrap everything and start over as they are insured. Yet, they had hoped to get the July release date out as well..so now it's a 50-50 decision.

Vulture has revealed that the script is being revised by Chris Morgan, who penned virtually all but I think the first two films. So they do not have to reshoot from scratch.

Well, Paul Walker was finally laid to rest this past Saturday...R.I.P.

In F&F 7 News...a rumor is going around they might pull off a CROW with a stand-in body double for Walker...who would be the mysterious double? Paul's younger brother Cody, who is a Hollywood stuntman. Take this with a grain of salt....seriously...

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/12/15/Cody-Walker-Paul-Walkers-brother-to-finish-Fast-and-Furious-7/1641387129709/

Dark Horizons

It is official...they have enough footage and have found a way to "retire" Brian O'Connor rather than kill him off...so O'Connor will be riding off into the sunset in honorable way somewhere during the movie :)

Kurt Russell revealed last week his role in F&F 7...

The role was rumored to be a father-figure to Walker's Brian O'Connor, but Russell dismisses that :

"He's really more connected to Vin's character. The character that I play is presented as one thing, but you have a big suspicion that he's another.

Vin's character is -- it's really the family around Vin that's going to be suspecting "Why is he involved with this guy?" It was always going to be Vin's character who he was a father figure to -- but he's either a good one or a bad one."

Elemental Fist
Fight scene between Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham has been filmed. This is going to be fantastic!

http://www.manlymovie.net/2013/11/fast-7-rock-vs-statham-fight-scene-has.html

I'm no longer a fan of that so called "manly" website anymore, the guy who runs this site comes across in a negative light the way he talks about stuff he dislikes such as the current Superhero films and the current James Bond Daniel Craig.

Okay, I just read that two of Paul Walker's doubles to complete Fast and Furious 7 and this has been confirmed on the film's official Facebook page, are his brothers Caleb (who worked as a camera trainee on his brother's Running Scared) and Cody Walker (stuntman).

New York Daily News is reporting that Cody Walker may end up joining the Fast and Furious franchise as Brian O'Connor's younger brother in future installments. In the meantime, he is doubling for his late brother, which is confirmed that his character of Brian is retiring...hence this photo of perhaps a "farewell" hug between Dominic (Vin Diesel) and Mia (Jordana Brewster)

al6UXAg.jpg

OK, since the official trailer is out in a few days I thought I'd post this. The film has been retitled 'Furious 7' and an official image of the Johnson vs Statham fight has been posted, plus a seven second teaser of some of the fight scenes. All I can say is that I am so stoked! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a606743/dwayne-johnson-vs-jason-statham-in-new-fast--furious-7-image.html#~oUc8tiwIuqrPrb

I did see a photo of Paul Walker taking on Tony Jaa as well in a teaser photo this week and that Jaa's character is apparently named "Louie Tran".

Actually there is a very brief clip of the Walker/Jaa fight in the 7 second fight video, I'm hoping we'll see more in the full trailer.

No Tony Jaa?

I think a very brief shot of Tony Jaa was in that semi's trailer.

Anyone see the Uncharted 2 ripoff? lol

This trailer has gotten me so pumped for the film, from the looks of it James Wan is a good choice (very little shaky cam). Not much hand to hand stuff in the trailer but then that's good s we'll get a surprise (although the Johnson/Statham fight looks to be epic!)

Tony Jaa was shown briefly in the bus. The 7 second clip of fights confirms Paul Walker fights Tony in this bus/trailer. Assuming this is the opening scene, let's hope Tony's character didn't die...when the bus topples off the cliff

Archived