Favorite current TV series

Superfly

I am a HUGE TV fan. I currently follow about 50 shows. (Thank goodness for Hulu and On Demand.) So what are your faves. I will try to put mine in order.

1. Homeland

2. The Walking Dead

3. Justified

4. Game of Thrones

5. Newsroom

6. South Park

7. Person Of Interest

8. Modern Family

9. The Killing

10 Strikeback

11 Longmire

12 Community

Once '24' returns next year. That will go to number 1. My fave show EVER.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neon Samurai

Having a hard time sitting through cable tv these days. AMC, Showtime and HBO seem to suffer from "angry white man" syndrome these days.

I've only been watching the fun and mindless stuff like Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, (or whatever they call it now, I can never remember.)

Having a hard time sitting through cable tv these days. AMC, Showtime and HBO seem to suffer from "angry white man" syndrome these days.

I've only been watching the fun and mindless stuff like Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, (or whatever they call it now, I can never remember.)

adult swim :)

I'm currently watching Kyoryuger and some of the TruTV shows...Hardcore Pawn, South Beach Tow, Lizard Lick Towing

Also watching Kickin' It on Disney Channel...great show..my kids love it!

Secret Executioner

I enjoy Family Guy, though it's been pretty hit-and-miss those last 5-6 years.

Speaking of which, you may have heard Brian was killed in a recent episode and was replaced by some stupid Italian stereotype named Vinny (yeah, cause there weren't enough stereotypes already). Well guess what ? He's going to return. Kinda what happened with Lois in the Stewie Kills Lois/Lois Kills Stewie story arc.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/06/family-guy-brian-set-to-return-very-soon

ShaOW!linDude

Thank goodness! I like Brian, and Vinny didn't have to get a full episode for him to start working my nerves.

Morgoth Bauglir

I watch repeats of Modern Family and Always Sunny. Hard to find stuff that interests me. My TV rarely moves from the DVD/Video Game screen unless it's NFL. If they brought back Playmakers I'd watch it. There'd have to be something pretty damn interesting to bring me back to TV. If it was martial arts related and starred someone like Chang Shan or Billy Chow (come on someone hire these guys) I would definitely watch it. I'd even get cable if I had to.

Secret Executioner
Thank goodness! I like Brian, and Vinny didn't have to get a full episode for him to start working my nerves.

When Vinny was introduced, I went "hurray, another stereotype". And his ONLY part in the latest episode was... pure stereotype. I'm really glad they bring Brian back, though it's a very poor stunt - his death was so well done, so moving (from his last moments to his funeral) that it would be really bad to bring back already. I hope they will do something really well-done for his return, not some random bullshit.

I enjoy some Robot Chicken too. They have some really funny stuff, though some of the material in there is pretty disturbing.

Almost Human is definitely filling the sci-fi void. Karl Urban is great in the lead, not to mention the rest of the cast are on par

Almost Human is definitely filling the sci-fi void. Karl Urban is great in the lead, not to mention the rest of the cast are on par

100% agree. AH is starting out very strong.

On Demand, been watching Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Dads. SHIELD is somewhat slowing its pace, but I hear they are adding two new cast members..not sure who yet, but hopefully they will help pick up the pace.

Dads is one of the funniest shows I have watched in a while. Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi have that chemistry as do Peter Riegert and Martin Mull as the titular Dads...

On Demand, been watching Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Dads. SHIELD is somewhat slowing its pace, but I hear they are adding two new cast members..not sure who yet, but hopefully they will help pick up the pace.

Dads is one of the funniest shows I have watched in a while. Seth Green and Giovanni Ribisi have that chemistry as do Peter Riegert and Martin Mull as the titular Dads...

I'm liking SHIELD so far, but I'm still waiting for it to get really good. You know they have big plans for it (Joss Whedon always plans things out seasons in advance)...but they're taking their sweet time getting there. I watched the premiere of Dads and it didn't quite do it for me. The dads themselves are very stereotypical politically incorrect guys that say dumb, offensive things. Every sitcom is doing this now. But I do like Seth Green, so I may go back to this again.

Barely even watch tv anymore.... 70+ channels with 99,9 % shit.

If you look past all the reality crap, I'd actually argue that TV is doing pretty good right now. Lots of good dramas out there on cable and movie channels.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I'll just find what I like online, or buy classic tv shows on dvd. My tv is on when im home, but mostly as background noise, I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and watched a program at length.

Even channels like Discovery, History National Geographic and those that usually provided some knowledge as well as entertainment just seems to be reality type shows now, and it makes me wanna vomit.

I don't give two shits about all the "it" shows that people rave about like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad etc. I gave them a go, but never liked them. The last show that really had me glued to the screen was The Wire, which is probably one of the best shows ever made, but that was some years ago. Sons of Anarchy went off the rails and I lost interest.

I hope that the reality-"talent" show-cooking contest phase of television is over soon, but I doubt it. The movie Idiocracy is proving more and more true. It might have been futuristic satire when it came out, but by now, it can almost be considered a documentary.

Morgoth Bauglir

I forgot about Breaking Bad. Probably my favorite show since Lost. But it has failed to hold my interest. After the first season I had to get season 2 right away. But since then I wait till their $5-$10 at a used store.

Sons of Anarchy went off the rails and I lost interest.

Just on curiousity when that happened (in your opinion)? I liked season 1 but maybe too much relationship drama there, 2 was improvement and 3&4 are harder than steel...5 is great too, though not on par with 3&4--

Okay, for anyone who watches Agents of SHIELD...who watched it this past Tuesday? Matt Mullins made an appearance as a bad guy henchman, but now it looks like it is going to be revealed how Agent Coulson returned from the dead...they revealed only part of the story...this is going to be quite interesting

OpiumKungFuCracker

Current:

Game of Thrones

Community

Walking Dead (Barely catching up to it, doesn't interest me all that much)

Almost Human (Karl Urban aka Mr. Dredd Judge himself)

Breaking Bad (Slowly catching up to it)

Does anime count, I have crunchyroll but can't pronounce or remember the name.

Have to say I agree with this. I also don't really watch that much TV any more. I watch South Park, American Dad, Family Guy, The Simpsons & Bob's Burgers from time to time, but non of them regularly. I watch a lot of older stuff like Tales From The Crypt, The Hitchhiker, Father Ted, Blackadder & Quantum Leap.

I'm glad to see someone mention Father Ted. That still stands the test of time!

Archived