Tracers (2014) - Lautner does Parkour

AlbertV

taylor-lautner-tracers-shirt-lift-25.jpg

Taylor Lautner is currently shooting this new action film in New York City. He plays a bike messenger on the run from the mafia after owing a debut. He joins up with a band of parkour artists who are also bank robbers.

Recent on-set photos are showing that Lautner is performing most of his own stunts, including jumping from one truck to another truck on the Brooklyn Bridge. The film is being directed by Daniel Benmayor and co-stars Marie Avgeropoulous (who played Steve Austin's daughter in HUNT TO KILL), Adam Raynor, and Sam Medina.

For those unfamilar, the title is the English translation of the French term traceur, who is a practitioner of parkour.

3ii0oZ2tIRI

Here is a short teaser that director Daniel Benmayor shot in relation to the film over a year, just to get a small idea of what to expect in TRACERS, which is due for release in 2014.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nSfZahdXxU4

The film, starring Taylor Lautner and THE 100's Marie Avgeropoulus, is getting a limited theatrical release today. Anyone in the Orlando area, it will play at AMC Loews.

The action is great, Lautners physical prowess are impressive, unfortunately his acting still sucks big time and his character is kinda annoying. Marie Avgeropoulous on the other hand is a treat for the eyes but I was slightly disappointed to see her obviously doubled in most of her stunts. In the second season of THE 100 she has some nice fight scenes but I guess the movie was made before they trained her for the series.

The movie itself is well made though the story is not very engaging and the pacing a tad too slow for my taste. Still I recommend TRACERS to those who like parkour action.

Lautner was quite convincing, I gotta admit. Action scene were OK, nothing mind blowing or groundbreaking though, there are much more exciting videos on youtube. Middle part was really dragging for a while. Can't say it's a bad movie, but really, there's nothing special there, except for the parkour schtick. I still appreciated the effort

Archived