Rare documentary footage about shaw bros studios featuring interview with RunRun

the moose

I don't know when this was filmed. It was part of a BBC series that ran on and off from 1958 to 1994 called wickers world. Alan Wicker was a famous travalogue presenter who recently passed away. I'm guessing this was filmed early to mid 60's. This clip also features peter chan ho on set. He died of bowel cancer in new york in 1970.

UfkpVQDo_yQ

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Behind the scenes at shaw bros in the 70's with Alan wihicker again and another run run interview. David Chiang is interviewed speaking very good english, stating he worked 330 days a year as an actor at Shaw Bros.

Can someone name all the movie clips in this footage?

Hxc-idMEORA

Movie clips I noticed:

The Water Margin

The Heroic Ones

The Five Brothers

Vengence of A Snow Girl

and the b&w footage I couldn't make out..

B&w footage with the dub team is one of Shaws very best action setpieces ever imo, from start of Sun Chung's debut "Devil's Mirror" (not b&w in actual film btw)...

I wanted to post a video I saw on youtube a couple of months ago but unfortunately it was deleted. It was a 40mins french documentary, I believe it was subtitled in english, about the shaw brothers company. It was filmed in 1980 with an interview with Run Run Shaw and many different stuff was shown.

How they make all the different sets and stuff, how much they were actually paid.

Also all the shaw movies are actually filmed without sound, you were able to see a bunch of guys slamming on cans and doing all the "cling cling" "tok tok" "bump bump" while the movie was projected on a wall, that's how the sound effect were recorded..... pretty funny but kinda defeat the magic a little bit :)

TibetanWhiteCrane

The french doc has been posted before. It's been a while, but I remember seeing it on here.

shaolin swords

I got this on dvd-r from kaleyboy like last year after he posted a clip of it on shaolinchambers36 forum he was kind a nuff to send me a copy for free thanks again:bigsmile: it cant be that rare because I have a copy of it Lol:nerd:

RogueWarrior
The french doc has been posted before. It's been a while, but I remember seeing it on here.

I had it on my YT Channel, like other videos I had there were copied by others to put on their channels. You would think they would just link it to the video. Instead of starting to pose and say LOOK AT ME!

Archived