Jackie Chan FIST COLLECTION II (Japan Blu-ray)

mpm74

Has there been a thread on this yet?

All these Lo Wei classics on Blu-ray (not to mention John Woo's Hand of Death)... hmmm...

JackieChanBlu-ray.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secret Executioner

Too bad it's Japanese only, because they look great and have some nice titles (though I have a good half of them).

I'm aware I may sound stupid, but what movies are in that (great looking) set ?

New Fist of Fury

Magnificent Bodyguards

To Kill With Intrigue

Killer Meteors

Fearless Hyena II

Hand of Death

And it's most likely that they're all upscales. What makes me scratch my head is why did they include Hand of Death? The first set was strictly a Lo Wei productions set, and this set was pretty much the same except for the Golden Harvest-produced Hand of Death.

Also, New Fist of Fury will still be the same truncated-to-hell Cantonese cut. Seriously, that version has so much cut out of it, even the Weinsteins would go "Dude, seriously?"

Yesterday I downloaded a 1080p rip version of The Fearless Hyena.

I was curious to see if those are just upscaled dvds but I got to admit the blu ray version looks much better than the remastered dvd I own.

more detail in the pictures and feels more "film-like" than digital like the dvd.

then you have the wrong DVDs for it, because the HKL PAL DVD is not a scratch different to the upscaled "Bluray" (i have them both). oh well, it IS different - the HKL DVD has original Mono whereas the Bluray only has bullshit 5.1

shaolin swords

nice box set but theres no English subs or dubbed in English :tongue:i would love to own this but cant because its Japanese only no English subs or dubbs:squigglemouth:

Japanese companies would shift a lot more discs if they would just add English subtitles. Anyone know why they don't?

Japanese companies would shift a lot more discs if they would just add English subtitles. Anyone know why they don't?

Just like that guy said in NEW FIST OF FURY...

"Japanse never play fair!"

I think someone stated before that they just don`t like money. :tongue:Not sure if I know what that means. I like money. I like to spend money on these kinds of movies. I would think that if someone had the rights to said films, you would think that they would want to take my money. I have a list of Shaws and some Ultraman and god knows whatever else if they would just learn to love money. :squigglemouth:

Otherwise, I don`t know. Some Japanese releases have English subs; I thought that some of the Miyazaki releases did.

I'm pretty sure they don't add English subtitles because it would cost them more money. Not just the subbing process, but because they'd most likely have to buy the rights to translate the film in English.

(and yes, fansubbing is illegal activity).

They would sell a few extra copies with English subs but probably not enough to cover the extra costs from the subs. Almost everyone with an interest in Japanese releases is either downloading torrents or buying bootlegs - even when the Japanese release had subs.

Why bother. I just upscale my HK Legends DVD using my Blu ray player and the picture quality is almost as good. I will not buy upscaled product which is advertised as HD, its a con.

No english, no sale. Thanks for the info.

That's about right... If they're FS, they're more than likely upscales.

"What a pity!.. Throwing away their blus like that!"

:nerd:

I just compared side by side The Prodigal Son dvd vs blu ray and the blu ray look a bit better in term of colours and picture detail, especially in the fast moving moments.

it's not a huge difference...

Archived