• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• Drunken Monk

• Gwai LO

• One Armed Boxer

I hear you guys. The cost of waiting 2 years to release a movie? Especially in this genre, since then movies like The Raid, Berlin File and Special ID, The King of the Streets have been evolving fight scenes onscreen while Pratta and crew were dealing with nervous breakdowns and pregnancies.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well, that was thoroughly underwhelming. Not awful, just blah. Jaa looked strangely off his game here. I hope this isn't the standard of action for the movie as a whole.

I've tried to like the first TYG but just can't get into it, I'm hoping this is better - at least editing wise. Personally would of liked them to just make a different movie, why does everything need to be a sequel.

I'm interested in more period pieces from Thailand, the wars with Burma are perfect backdrops for a good MA flick.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well, it means that at least 57 secs of this movie is pretty lame.....

And speaking of orgasms, Udo Kier's O face is actually way more frightening than that creepy turtle.... and a shirtless Van Damme:tongue:

to the guys who said he looks slow.. there is a clip on the trailer that shows JAA tied up talking to the RZA.. how do we know this scene is not Jaa being drugged which may lead to him being tied up? look at his eyes when he is on the floor.. cant judge this scene without knowing the story. the way jaa is blinking a lot i would be willing to bet this is the scene that leads to jaa tied to the chair

One Armed Boxer
And speaking of orgasms, Udo Kier's O face is actually way more frightening than that creepy turtle.... and a shirtless Van Damme

I'm glad someone else feels this way, that signature has exclusively made me avoid clicking on any posts that have OpiumKungFuCracker's name on them....dude, you gotta re-size that thing, and by thing I don't mean...well, you know.

to the guys who said he looks slow.. there is a clip on the trailer that shows JAA tied up talking to the RZA.. how do we know this scene is not Jaa being drugged which may lead to him being tied up? look at his eyes when he is on the floor.. cant judge this scene without knowing the story. the way jaa is blinking a lot i would be willing to bet this is the scene that leads to jaa tied to the chair

This makes sense & I also hope is the case. I actually like the fact that they're keeping what (I pray) will be the best scenes under wraps, if anything 'Special ID' has gone overkill with the amount of fight clips that have been posted before its release, and I've stayed away from every one of them with the exception of the first trailer (thankfully I'll be catching this on the cinema though this coming Saturday, so no need to stay away much longer!)

I thought the choreography would be a little more complex. It's very..."scuffle-ish." I can't say I hated it though.

This makes sense as Crump is apparently using a fighting style called '52 Blocks', which was developed in the US penal system.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'm glad someone else feels this way, that signature has exclusively made me avoid clicking on any posts that have OpiumKungFuCracker's name on them....dude, you gotta re-size that thing, and by thing I don't mean...well, you know.

Better????

well I wouldn't go that far personally to avoiding his posts but those oversized pictures and GIF's in his signature are quite annoying.

OpiumKungFuCracker
well I wouldn't go that far personally to avoiding his posts but those oversized pictures and GIF's in his signature are quite annoying.

Why, thank you. Now I don't feel too bad.:wink:

OpiumKungFuCracker

So can we talk about the movie now guys, Jesus? Alright, as for this film here and from the looks of what I saw in the trailer, the directing/cinematography looks mighty impressive. Well shot/well lit/ the setting and tone looks to be of a big budget studio. I don't care much for the 3D portion of it but damnnit if it doesn't look good technically. Maybe the directing of the film might be better than the choreography in itself and that I don't mind. Am I alone on this??

Here's an interesting fact I read from the official website. Jijaa Yanin character is an assassin from China her mission is to kill Tony Jaa (I don't know the reason), she uses Acupuncture needles as weapon, has ability to paralyze opponent. She also has a sister and they can combine fighting ability as a team. I gusss she will start out as a villain but in the trailer looks like she might switch to good side at the end.

ShaOW!linDude
Personally would of liked them to just make a different movie, why does everything need to be a sequel.

I'm interested in more period pieces from Thailand, the wars with Burma are perfect backdrops for a good MA flick.

Yes! YES! YES!!!!

One Armed Boxer
Why, thank you. Now I don't feel too bad.

Sorry but I can't be so forgiving, if I had my way I'd sentence you to be locked in a room for 24 hours with 'Bangkok Revenge' playing on a loop.:tongue:

Alright, as for this film here and from the looks of what I saw in the trailer, the directing/cinematography looks mighty impressive. Well shot/well lit/ the setting and tone looks to be of a big budget studio. I don't care much for the 3D portion of it but damnnit if it doesn't look good technically. Maybe the directing of the film might be better than the choreography in itself and that I don't mind. Am I alone on this??

I should preface this by stating that what I'm about to say applies only to my opinion on Thai cinema - but yes I would agree with you on this point. After watching the likes of 'Bangkok Knockout' & even the original 'Tom Yum Goong', while the action is outstanding the fact is these movies have very little re-watch value. If 'TYG2' provides a great production with some awesome action sprinkled throughout, quality over quantity, then count me in. That being said, my opinion remains that Prachya Pinkaew is a pretty weak director, so I doubt what your interpreting from the trailer will carry over into the full length feature....here's hoping though.

Hmmm, I disagree, the wars with Burma if anything would probably only lead to a slew of battlefield type movies, of which China has already saturated the market with over the last few years. If anything 'Bang Rajan' already uses that backdrop for such a movie, and for me it didn't really hit the mark.

None taken:bigsmile:

cool:bigsmile:

My understanding is that there isn't any MA in Bang Rajan. Is that correct?

I don't really remember any MA. It was more of a battle movie. I've not watched it again but I quite liked it for what it was.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I should preface this by stating that what I'm about to say applies only to my opinion on Thai cinema - but yes I would agree with you on this point. After watching the likes of 'Bangkok Knockout' & even the original 'Tom Yum Goong', while the action is outstanding the fact is these movies have very little re-watch value. If 'TYG2' provides a great production with some awesome action sprinkled throughout, quality over quantity, then count me in. That being said, my opinion remains that Prachya Pinkaew is a pretty weak director, so I doubt what your interpreting from the trailer will carry over into the full length feature....here's hoping though.

I don't think Prachya Pinkaew is that bad. His films seems tolerable to me unlike the other countless unwatchable Thai films that I've watched in the past. In fact, I don't think I liked a Thai film outside of a Prachya Pinkaew film that I can remember? Or am I missing one??