Tom Yum Goong 2 (2013)

OpiumKungFuCracker

That quick, two second exchange halfway through the trailer actually looked really quick and powerful. It gives me hope that the film won't just be big stunts and flip kicks.

Buuuuuut...feet on fire? Again? Someone's getting lazy.

looked like it was CGI fire as well which makes it even worse in my book.

Overall though this trailer makes the film look more interesting

EDIT: The speed-up at 00:30 couldn't be any more jarring.

Was that pun coincidental?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• Drunken Monk

• Gwai LO

• One Armed Boxer

That background 28 seconds in looks all CGI. The bursting through the roof scene at the end was blah too. If you going to do something with fire now, do it Born To Fight style. I feel like I need a longer clip though.

That pic looks like it was taken right from a certain Bruce Lee movie. :tongue:(Facebook pic) I can't say i am not alittle excited to see Tony back in action.

Agreed. A Big Boss remake / sequel / prequel sounds delicious right about now. It's set in Thailand after all.

1170874_1410840942465303_822099895_n.jpg

OpiumKungFuCracker

That scene in the trailer where he's fighting the guys and the gun is going off is the reason why I still put Tony Jaa in the elite category of action stars. I've never seen that shit before. Aside from the lame ass CGI, this is up there in my anticipation meter. I'm also curious as to how much screen time do JeejaYanin from Chocolate get?

TibetanWhiteCrane

It looks more promising than I initially thought. Though if I dare to guess what will irk me here, it is the CGI, the 3D aspect, Rza, too much Petchai Wongkamlao, too little Jeeja Yanin and another non existent plot.... oh well, time well tell. I hope for a happy surprise.

At the end of the day I'm going to watch this and, considering I enjoyed "Bangkok Knockout," I don't expect to be too disappointed. Yes, RZA is fucking terrible and the CGI doesn't look good at all but I expect to get some entertainment from it.

I will mirror TWC's views in that this trailer makes the film look somewhat promising. Definitely the best trailer so far.

They work so hard on R rated authentic martial arts. Why not just make it as serious as possible?

1. Get halfway decent actors. Like the two villains in Merantau. They weren't over the top but acted perfectly and could fight their ass off.

2. Go for real stunts. I'm having flashbacks of the cgi boat scene in the 1st one.

That's the difference between an 8/10 and 10/10 imo.

We've seen the gun vs. unarmed before - gunkata - in Equilibrium and Ultraviolet. I see he added some Muy Thai in there :)

I think the second trailer did the most for me, this one highlights my issues with CGI/3-D. Personally I would rather see nothing but real stunts as the CGI just take you out of the moment but overall I'm looking forward to seeing it.

One Armed Boxer

The official release date in Thailand has now been announced as October 23rd (frustratingly 4 days after I leave, I'm currently here working!)....and the producers have released a brief clip of the motorbike chase scene with optional 3D to give a taste of the action -

QNlhRtsMxMU

ShaOW!linDude
The official release date in Thailand has now been announced as October 23rd (frustratingly 4 days after I leave, I'm currently here working!)

Find a reason to stay! Eat some bad Thai food! Get hospitalized after a bar fight with a Muay Thai boxer! But do something!

One Armed Boxer
Find a reason to stay! Eat some bad Thai food! Get hospitalized after a bar fight with a Muay Thai boxer! But do something!

Abducted by a lady-boy?:tongue:

The hand to hand combat looks solid. I might have to give it a look after all. Why is RZA eating electricity at 1:14 in the final trailer? Unless... Nah I won't theorize in case it ends up spoiling the movie.