• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• Drunken Monk

• Gwai LO

• One Armed Boxer

Damn you, Michael Bay! No, wait, wrong thread. No, wait, this is the right thread. Looks like Tony has gone Hollywood on us.

...looks more promising, apart from Rza... whom I wish would just go away.

HA, was thinking the same thing, why is he even in there?

& why does that scooter shoot vertically from a stairwell out a roof?

lets just hope Tony is getting closer to his Ong Bak style

sifu iron perm
HA, was thinking the same thing, why is he even in there?

& why does that scooter shoot vertically from a stairwell out a roof?

lets just hope Tony is getting closer to his Ong Bak style

Tony Jaa was supposed to have a part in The Man With The Iron Fists but because this movie's production kept stalling it couldn't happen. However, RZA and Jaa got into talking so RZA helped on the production of this movie, and in return Jaa would star in Iron Fists 2 if that was ever to happen (since it barely made any money, it won't).

ShaOW!linDude

Actually, the 1st trailer (the unofficial one, I guess) intrigues me more than this one. I don't care about action clips from Jaa's past films seeing as I watch them all the time, and this preview seems for stunt heavy than MA driven.

One Armed Boxer
Actually, the 1st trailer (the unofficial one, I guess) intrigues me more than this one. I don't care about action clips from Jaa's past films seeing as I watch them all the time, and this preview seems for stunt heavy than MA driven.

Hey ShaOW!linDude, I'm curious based on your preference for fight action over stunts...what's your opinion on the popular movies in the genre that are stunt driven, the one's that immediately spring to mind are 'Born to Fight' and 'Project A Part 2', but I'm sure there's plenty of others as well. For me personally, I love a good stunt movie just as much as a good fight movie, so this trailer has me sold.

Looks interesting from seeing the trailer. Would have liked to see more martial arts action as this seemed to focus mainly on the stunts.

ShaOW!linDude
Hey ShaOW!linDude, I'm curious based on your preference for fight action over stunts...what's your opinion on the popular movies in the genre that are stunt driven, the one's that immediately spring to mind are 'Born to Fight' and 'Project A Part 2', but I'm sure there's plenty of others as well. For me personally, I love a good stunt movie just as much as a good fight movie, so this trailer has me sold.

Don't get me wrong. I love both though I tend to lean more towards the fight scenes. It just seemed to me that the first trailer had fight and stunt action while this one seems more stunt-driven to appeal to action film fans more so than MA film fans. Chan's POLICE STORY 1 & 2 would be two I'd include with the ones you mentioned.

I think stunt-driven film films of this type are good as a hook to lure viewers to the genre. Thai films especially seem to be pushing that way, and those guys do some stupid crazy stunts sometimes.:tongue:

Drunken Monk

I think this trailer reflects a slow-but-steady trend in marketing and that's to essentially mask the fights. I've seen a bunch of trailers (especially teasers) that simply suggest the action instead of giving us a series of exchanges.

Am I the only one that think this looks like garbage?? Hollywood explosions, 3D, RZA. I agree that other leaked clip looked better - this one had zero interesting action (all looked super fake anyway). Maybe I'm just grumpy, I don't know.

Also, the hair whip at 0:45, wtf :squigglemouth:

The Amazing Psycho Per

You are not alone. I used to be excited like a little child whenever a trailer to a Jaa movie was released, but this one is very underwelming. I loved TYG but this looks worst then Ong Bak 3. I really hope I'm wrong.

I really have lost faith in Tony Jaa a long time ago, but I checked out some of his new practice videos on his official facebook. He looked really fresh and it looked like he still got it. I really hope that he learned of this past and plan his career more carefully. I really don't know how to post video on here but I can give the link of his facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/tonyjaastyle

That pic looks like it was taken right from a certain Bruce Lee movie. :tongue:(Facebook pic) I can't say i am not alittle excited to see Tony back in action.

Official synopsis sounds like they are promising a lot more fights than most expected

Kham (Tony Jaa) has become the suspect in the murder of Suchart- the influential owner of an elephant camp, who was killed by three punches to the dead spots by a martial arts expert, and Kham (Tony Jaa) was the last one seen at crime scene. He needed to run away from the authorities and the hunt by Suchart’s twin nieces (Jija Yanin and Teerada Kittisiriprasert) Luckily, he was helped by Sgt. Mark (Petchtai Wongkamlao) the Interpol who was sent from Sydney to handle some secret mission.

Kham keeps on running while trying to find Khon, the elephant whom he loves like his own brother who was kidnapped a few days ago. The longer he runs, he more he gets involved in a secret organization led by LZ the big boss who is very passionate in collecting fighters from all over the world into his secret stable. His fighters like Twenty (Ratha Pho-ngarm) and Number Two (Maritz) intend to grab Kham to satisfy their boss’ objectives.

Be prepared for the extreme fights by Tony Jaa with various action disciplines, all death defying and the risky fight scenes designed by the Thai action movie which the whole world is waiting to see in 3D shooting platform.

Drunken Monk
Second teaser -

That quick, two second exchange halfway through the trailer actually looked really quick and powerful. It gives me hope that the film won't just be big stunts and flip kicks.

Buuuuuut...feet on fire? Again? Someone's getting lazy.

Second teaser -

Looks better here than the first. Though lot's of sloowwww motion. Also, lol @ the Prometheus music.

EDIT: The speed-up at 00:30 couldn't be any more jarring.

LOL... I read the Thai language comments on this Teaser. It seems that the sexy villain girl (Her name is Yaya Ying) caught more attention than Tony Jaa.

OpiumKungFuCracker

If I can see the action, I will see this movie/ it's that simple. I want to see who is doing the kicking, who is getting kicked. Who is doing the punching, who is getting punched. I want to see combinations/styles/sound f/x, if it meets these requirements, I'm strapped in!!