• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OpiumKungFuCracker

• Drunken Monk

• Gwai LO

• One Armed Boxer

Doctor Schnabel von Rom
Haven't got the film so can't say exactly.

Here's the scene:

hiANsBkgqjU

That scene ist from part one tom yum goong and not from tom yum goong 2;-)

and yes, in the hk dvd the scene is uncut.

Whoops I posted in the wrong thread:tongue:

In that scene I posted the close up of Tonys fingers during a neck break is meant to be cut

And I just managed to find some more details, the original HK release of Tom Yum Goong is also cut where Tony wears the elephant bones on his arms and smashes guys in the head etc

Got a screener of Magnet's DVD and watched it last night. I thought the movie was okay overall. I did have a couple of beers before watching it - maybe that helped :tongue:

I agree it has a lot of problems - the story is crap, the 3D stuff flying out of screen was tiring since I watched in 2D, the acting is almost hilariously bad (if I still made animated GIFs, RZA's face while he's strangling Tony Laa is priceless), and the CGI effects are godawful, seriously worse than a movie on the SyFy channel.

I did enjoy most of the fights, though. I've certainly seen a lot worse films than this. I think it is at least worth a rental if you like Tony Jaa.

Man, my feeling for this movie got worse after seeing this on bluray. This movie is almost dumber than the first and its gimmick fall flat. The fight scenes have little impact or effect and the only light is pretty much Crump. They need to put him up against Jai White or something.

Watched this the other night and was disappointed. I've always felt Pinkaew is not a very good director (I personally think he lucked out getting Jaa and Rittikrai doing the best stuff for him) and he really showed it here. The worst though is doing wirework and CGI in Jaa's fight scenes. That just made me sad.

My full review here:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2014/07/kung-fu-treachery-protector-2-aka-tom.html

Secret Executioner

Considering purchasing the DVD. Saw it in a store and the artwork ain't too bad:

14100809462964639.jpg

(also, it would be an addition to my Thai cinema collection)

• Administrator
Considering purchasing the DVD. Saw it in a store and the artwork ain't too bad:

14100809462964639.jpg

(also, it would be an addition to my Thai cinema collection)

It's got so much wrong with it, but as a dumb action film it still entertained me. There's some fantastic stuff in there amongst the stupidity. For me it's definitely worthy of being in my collection.

If you want more info, check out ShaOW!linDude's mini review (post #373) -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=241024#post241024

or One Armed Boxer's review at Cityonfire.com -

http://www.cityonfire.com/tom-yum-goong-2-aka-the-protector-2-2013-review/

Secret Executioner
It's got so much wrong with it, but as a dumb action film it still entertained me. There's some fantastic stuff in there amongst the stupidity. For me it's definitely worthy of being in my collection.

If you want more info, check out ShaOW!linDude's mini review (post #373) -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=241024#post241024

or One Armed Boxer's review at Cityonfire.com -

http://www.cityonfire.com/tom-yum-goong-2-aka-the-protector-2-2013-review/

I have read many reviews and seen excerpts on youtube already. And though it's a rather stupid movie, I guess it will fit very well (since I ended buying it) with some of the most improbable stuff I have in my collection - like Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter (yup, it DOES exist - a crossover I'm sure nobody expected, but they did it anyway).

One Armed Boxer

I can't believe for the French DVD they've removed Jija Yanin's shared top billing with Tony Jaa and replaced her with the RZA.....I thought you French were supposed to have taste!:tongue:

Secret Executioner
I can't believe for the French DVD they've removed Jija Yanin's shared top billing with Tony Jaa and replaced her with the RZA.....I thought you French were supposed to have taste!:tongue:

She's mentionned on the back cover - though she comes third after Tony Jaa and RZA, but before Marrese Crump (seems like they're going from the worst to the best performance or something).

Duel to the Death

So over the top it's ridiculous. The acting is bad, the CGI is a joke. The CGI is so bad i laughed out loud a few times. So i did enjoy myself.

Here are some of the ridiculous moments. The CGI of the motor bikes zooming past Tony's head is so bad. The chase scene going 10 mph on dirt dikes was silly. The fire fight scene was real bad CGI, so bad it's laughable. And they used light saber sound effects for the bad guys electric shoes. 

There was still some bone crunching scenes so it wasn't the worst movie ever. The first Protector i'd score a 5/5. This one gets a 2/5

RZA should stick with watching kung fu movies and making music. :bs_laughing:

• Like 4