Kickboxer: Vengeance (2015)

sifu44

A few updates:

-Remember that story about the unpaid crew in New Orleans? Well nearly two months after that incident, it has been reported that just about everyone has finally gotten their rightful pay! That's a big weight off everyone's shoulders.

-Dimitri Logothesis, co-writer and producer of the film, announced that the film will be completed and be done in memory of Darren Shahlavi. Shahlavi played Eric Sloane in the remake during their New Orleans shoot.

-Filming will resume this month for two weeks in Thailand. This is where Jean-Claude Van Damme comes in as "Master Durand", the new version of Xian Chow.

Van Damme was on Conan O'Brien and he re-created the dance scene from the original KICKBOXER but not before announcing what he calls "Kickboxer 2" (he means the reboot)

aztdMwYrF4k

Production of the film has re-started in Bangkok. Here is a photo from the press conference last week. (L-R): Sam Medina, Sara Makalul Lane, Alain Moussi, Georges St. Pierre

kb.group_.jpg

And yes, Jean-Claude Van Damme has arrived as well. Alain Moussi posted a photo on his Facebook with JCVD and the original Tong Po himself, Mohammed Qissi (I think that's producer Dimitri Logothesis in the top photo with Alain)

11222905_838564742863787_328373200467425188_n.jpg?oh=07b5a3353e7d79078ec04ab2d3f5df9d&oe=5629DD16

• Like 1

I'll be checking this out when it arrives in the U.K on DVD/BR. Dave Bautista looks the part as Tong Po, Michel Qissi did a great job portraying the character in the 1989 film too. Casting Van Damme in the Dennis Chan role was a great idea.

"You bleed like Mylee. Mylee...good fuck!!"

One of the best lines of the original. 

I also wonder if JCVD will have Alain Moussi re-enact the "dancing scene" LOL

One of the best lines of the original. 

I also wonder if JCVD will have Alain Moussi re-enact the "dancing scene" LOL

"Dammit, kid. How many times do I have to tell you? You don't win fights with that tip-tap shit!"

Ideally for a film called Kickboxer, I would have thought more action was needed in a trailer than a split second, one kick shot. I'm still hyped for this, but I won't judge until the full trailer gets released and we see a little bit more of the action.

DragonClaws

Re-watched the Alain Moussi actioner Kickboxer Vengeance last week, looking forward to the sequel.

Click on the link below for my review/ramble.

Kickboxer.jpg

• Like 1

I finally sat down to watch this "remake". Everything about it is just OK.

Kind of baffled they had the urge to change the story of the original. Not that it was anything special back then but the new approach is just ridiculous from start to finish.

Alain Moussi while certainly being a skilled on screen fighter is a pretty poor actor. Maybe something he's improved upon since!?

The same can be said for the rest of the cast. GSP is the real deal but my god the guy can't act for shit. Bautista clearly still in his early acting stage. Gina Carano I have honestly no idea why she was even in this movie or cast for the part.

Honorable mention to JCVD. Although I'm not sure if it was just me but was he dubbed? Sounded utterly weird and nothing like him.

Sara Malakul Lane was obviously cast for her "assets". Can you imagine something like this nowadays LOL. Guess the movie really does come with the entire set of 80's/90's flavor.

Last but not least I did enjoy the training sequences and yes some of the fights are pretty good. Maybe it is just my spoiled eye or I'm definitely too late to enjoy the movie more.

I'll always love the original so for me at the end of the day this is a rather difficult recommendation.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 8/2/2022 at 6:45 AM, laagi said:

Alain Moussi while certainly being a skilled on screen fighter is a pretty poor actor. Maybe something he's improved upon since!?

You be the judge, the last time he appeared onscreen was as "bus goon" getting his ass handed to him by Bob Odenkirk in 2021's 'Nobody':tongueout

PS & yes, Van Damme is dubbed in this one, apparently he was jealous of Seagal having someone to dub all of his lines in the 00's.

• Like 2