Kickboxer: Vengeance (2015)

sifu44

One Armed Boxer

Word on the grapevine seems to be that Jean Claude Van Damme himself has come onboard to replace Tony Jaa, so it'll be none other than JCVD playing the mentor role of Master Chow if the rumors are true.

Thai supermodel/actress Sara Malakul Lane has been casted as Kurt's love interest. Only she's not the little store owner of the original but a detective who is investigating the death of Kurt's brother. Whether she is still the master's niece is also a mystery.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Wow! Looked her up. Hot, b movie actress known for Jailbait and Sharktopus. Sounds like a quality cast, lol! Anyway, we all have to start somewhere. Jennifer Aniston was in Leprechuan.

Guys...major news!!! Darren Shahlavi has been casted as Eric Sloane, Kurt's brother whose death will trigger the events.

The twist? He trained under Van Damme's master character and then Van Damme trains Kurt in the remake.

One Armed Boxer
Guys...major news!!! Darren Shahlavi has been casted as Eric Sloane, Kurt's brother whose death will trigger the events.

That's good news for Shahlavi, however unless the script has undergone rewrites in the last couple of months, the character of Eric Sloane is virtually a non-action role, which is why Scott Adkins turned it down in the first place. I say, go Pyun!

ShaOW!linDude

I agree with OAB. If Shahlavi isn't getting to kick some butt like he did Bloodmoon, this is a complete waste of his talent. I really don't care to see him take a beating and die in the first 5 minutes of the film.

Actually if this doesn't come out with a super boss trailer, I doubt I'll care to see it.

A big congrats has to go out to our forum member, spidermexican, aka Emmanuel Manzanares. He is the assistant stunt coordinator for KICKBOXER. Here he is on set with the new Kurt Sloane, Alain Moussi, from Moussi's FB page

"One of the men responsible for making our action look awesome... Asst Stunt Coord Emmanuel Manzanares!!!!"

10262145_749923631727899_8212342375379185892_n.jpg?oh=ad0621a1dd65ea7b4c82ac25306de93f&oe=550D50F1

ShaOW!linDude
A big congrats has to go out to our forum member, spidermexican, aka Emmanuel Manzanares. He is the assistant stunt coordinator for KICKBOXER. Here he is on set with the new Kurt Sloane, Alain Moussi, from Moussi's FB page

"One of the men responsible for making our action look awesome... Asst Stunt Coord Emmanuel Manzanares!!!!"

That is killer to see one of these guys get a major break like this!!! Well deserved & well earned!!!! Hope it opens doors for him.

One Armed Boxer

Congrats to spidermexican! You realize now that when you guys release 'Unlucky Stars', the quote "From the Assistant Stunt Coordinator of 'Kickboxer'" has to go on the DVD cover! Now get it out there!

Congrats to spidermexican! You realize now that when you guys release 'Unlucky Stars', the quote "From the Assistant Stunt Coordinator of 'Kickboxer'" has to go on the DVD cover! Now get it out there!

I messaged Emmanuel on Saturday and he was telling me that Larnell was the reason why he got on board as assistant stunt coordinator and is following his lead. He said Larnell has come up with some really kick-butt action in the film and knowing how Larnell's action is always exciting to watch, I think we're going to have quite a reboot worth seeing.

Filming in New Orleans has been completed....next stop...Bangkok! (JCVD will be on this portion of the shoot)

The Exchange, one of the production companies behind the remake gave a new official synopsis that makes it more close to the original with a twist:

Eric (Darren Shahlavi) and Kurt Sloan (Alain Moussi) are the descendants of a well-known Venice, California-based family of martial artists. Kurt has always been in older brother, Eric’s shadow, as he lacks the instincts needed to become a champion. But when Kurt witnesses the merciless murder of his brother at the hands of Muay Thai champion Tong Po (Dave Bautista), he vows revenge. He trains with his brother’s mentor, Xian Chow (Jean-Claude Van Damme), for a Muay Thai fight to the death with Tong Po. Chow first thinks Kurt impossible to train, but through a series of spiritual exercises and tests, Chow discovers that Kurt has a deeper strength that will carry him through his final showdown with Tong Po.

Producer Ted Field said this about Gina Carano's character:

"It will be fun to watch Gina as the sneaky and dangerous temptress, a boa constrictor of this fighting jungle," said Field. "Watch out kickboxers!"

And it looks like the character played by Van Damme has undergone a change....instead of Xian Chow, it is now "Master Durand" according to the recently added official Facebook page of the movie, which bears the title KICKBOXER: VENGEANCE

One Armed Boxer
"It will be fun to watch Gina as the sneaky and dangerous temptress, a boa constrictor of this fighting jungle," said Field. "Watch out kickboxers!

Wow, was this comment aimed at the 5 year old demographic for the movie!?

In related news, the production has now been postponed to fit around the schedule for the new 007 flick, 'Spectre', which Dave Bautista has been cast in. Shooting is expected to re-commence in Thailand in early 2015. Looks like Pyun might be first out of the gates at this rate! Impact have the full story here -

http://www.impactonline.co/news/2071-kickboxer-schedule-splits-to-help-007

I have a feeling that Field's comment is indicating that Carano is actually a female version of Lee Ka-Ting's character of Freddy Li, only somewhat more dangerous because Lee didn't get to fight in the original, but maybe Carano will get some action in herself.

Other fighters to be in the film including Glory Promotions champion Joseph "Bazooka Joe" Valtellini, Dan Mayid (from X-Treme Fighter), indie wrestler Luke Hawx, Strikeforce fighter Tyron Woodley, and Bellator contender Joe Schilling.

One Armed Boxer
Albert Pyun's Kickboxer may be low budget as hell, but at least he has money to pay his crew.

That's bad news. I also like how in the promotional poster in the article you linked to is now showing JCVD as the headlining star, with Alan Muesli (or whatever his name is) now relegated to the last billed name.

IOther fighters to be in the film including Glory Promotions champion Joseph "Bazooka Joe" Valtellini, Dan Mayid (from X-Treme Fighter), indie wrestler Luke Hawx, Strikeforce fighter Tyron Woodley, and Bellator contender Joe Schilling.

Albert - are you sure these "fighers" aren't just heavies hired by the mob to go sort out the producers?

Albert - are you sure these "fighers" aren't just heavies hired by the mob to go sort out the producers?

Could be I don't know, but I mention the word fighters based on they have fought as pro or indie fighters. That is a shock about the pay issue with the crew...I hope they get that resolved quick!

And while JCVD may get top billed IDK, there is always one of these options:

"Alain Moussi...etc etc etc...with Dave Bautista as Tong Po and JCVD as 'Master Darden;"

or even

"JCVD...etc etc etc...and introducing Alain Moussi".

This situation with the crew is sad...I mean I feel bad for Alain because when he was cast, he was prepping up for the film like no tomorrow...I hate to see this destroy his credibility as a new action star because the crew is getting shafted. The producers better do the right thing and get this fixed.

One Armed Boxer
Could be I don't know, but I mention the word fighters based on they have fought as pro or indie fighters.

Just to confirm here, my comment was a joke, but thanks for the clarification.

More news about the unpaid crew members, this so called production is quickly becoming something of an embarrassment to everyone involved - Adkins, Jaa, & Fung were right to follow their instincts - JCVD & everyone else should do the right thing & get behind Pyun instead, at least he pays! -

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/2014/12/26/the-movie-kickboxer-skips-town-without-paying-local-film-crews/20927167/

• Administrator

Oh no... that's terrible! :ooh:

How can one of the producers be a "billionaire" and he doesn't make sure these poor people get payed? Calling for decency in the world... Hello, are you out there?

Variety has reported that the reason behind the unpaid crew issue was because a financier had pulled out at the last minute.

A lawyer for Radar Pictures did give some news that a replacement has been found and those unpaid crew members will get their pay early next week.