Kickboxer: Vengeance (2015)

sifu44

What was the last remake of a movie you remembered enjoying? I hated the karate kid remake. I really don't remember any other remakes out there, can you help me out?

I still believe that if they called that film something else and distanced itself from the karate kid franchise it would've had a warmer reception.

According to the guys at Twitch Tony Jaa is now not only confirmed, but so is Scott Adkins. Finally I have a reason to be interested in this movie! Adkins vs Jaa in the ring, who needs 'Undisputed 4'!?:tongue:

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/08/adkins-jaa-bautista-st-pierre-and-newcomer-alain-moussi-star-in-stephen-fungs-kickboxer-remake.html

This is huge news for martial arts fans but the martial arts world will always need an Undisputed 4. :tongue: ........Especially if the villain is as special as Zaror.

Secret Executioner
I still believe that if they called that film something else and distanced itself from the karate kid franchise it would've had a warmer reception.

"Will Smith pushing for his son to star in a Jackie Chan film" ? :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah the kung fu kid, which the producers of the film were just cashing in on the karate kid name because they're such jerks. I'm not sure if it was meant to be ironic or what but if they would just call it Kung Fu kid it would just be as big of a hit as if it were called karate kid.

Yeah the kung fu kid, which the producers of the film were just cashing in on the karate kid name because they're such jerks. I'm not sure if it was meant to be ironic or what but if they would just call it Kung Fu kid it would just be as big of a hit as if it were called karate kid.

Yes and there's going to be a Karate Kid 2, the script is going underwrites right now. But back to KICKBOXER...

Alain Moussi is confident that both Adkins and Jaa will sign to co-star. From his statements on FB, it looks like Bautista is all signed up and ready to play Tong Po. Here's a recent interview he did with some clips of him fight training, possibly for KICKBOXER

XCSQcnsLUPg

Okay..I'm breathing a sigh of relief. It turns out Dave Bautista is not playing "Tong Po". If he is the villain, then he's getting a new name.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this...short and sweet interview mpm with Alain indeed :)

Pretty good write up udar...just a few notes:

-In the original KICKBOXER, Eric Sloane doesn't die, but is paralyzed.

-The Mark Dacascos-led KICKBOXER 5 was technically a sequel because David Sloan is killed in the opening credits. Mark's character is a friend of David's who seeks revenge for both him and his protege Johnny.

But this is a really good write up :) Good Job!

Van Damme's KICKBOXER celebrates its 25th anniversary today, September 8. Here's a little write up I did on the film's box office success and how it helped establish Van Damme as a box office draw.

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2014/09/newsploitation-kickboxing-box-office.html

Awesome article! I was lucky to have seen it in theaters. =D I remember me and my friend "kickboxing" eachother on the way out (kinda like seeing Star Wars for the first time and pretending we had light sabres!).

Those were the days...

Van Damme movies I saw in theaters:

Kickboxer

Hard Target

Timecop

Streetfighter

Maximum Risk

Knock Off

Universal Soldier: The Return

The rest I saw on video! lol

One Armed Boxer
Alain Moussi is confident that both Adkins and Jaa will sign to co-star.

Adkins confirmed at the Seni event over the weekend during a Q&A session that he won't be in this remake. He was offered the role of the brother, but explained that after reading the script and realizing just how much of a small role it was, with very little action involved, he didn't feel like it was a role which would suit either him or his fanbase, so decided to turn it down.

Thanks for that update, OAB :)

Now we just need to know Tony Jaa's involvement. Anyone heard any news?

I think St. Pierre should play the brother.

Adkins confirmed at the Seni event over the weekend during a Q&A session that he won't be in this remake. He was offered the role of the brother, but explained that after reading the script and realizing just how much of a small role it was, with very little action involved, he didn't feel like it was a role which would suit either him or his fanbase, so decided to turn it down.

Good on him. Go do something where you can kick some ass. More Florentine/Adkins movies, please, amirite?

One Armed Boxer
Now we just need to know Tony Jaa's involvement. Anyone heard any news?

Adkins did mention that it would have been a great opportunity to work with Tony Jaa....so while it's by no means a confirmation that he's going to be in it, at least from Adkins side one of the factors that made him consider taking the role was the fact that he was under the impression Jaa was in.

Good on him. Go do something where you can kick some ass. More Florentine/Adkins movies, please, amirite?

You are! & it's coming soon -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21209

One Armed Boxer

It's been reported that Jaa has now pulled out of the remake due to scheduling conflicts (I'm curious to know what with though!)

No Adkins, no Jaa...the Pyun version is starting to look more and more appealing!:tongue:

It's been reported that Jaa has now pulled out of the remake due to scheduling conflicts (I'm curious to know what with though!)

No Adkins, no Jaa...the Pyun version is starting to look more and more appealing!:tongue:

Hooooo nooooooo. With or without Adkins or Jaa, I'm sure this one will turn out better. Kickboxer 4 was Terrible (notice the capital 'T').

Well, come to find out there was a reason for all the major updates this past weekend...shooting starts today!!! Dave Bautista confirmed it on his FB page after given medical clearance.

Production began last week in New Orleans. While people say with Stockwell replacing Fung that all hope is gone, let's not forget who the film's fight choreographer is...Larnell Stovall. The action could be the film's saving grace if edited correctly.

Meanwhile, MARTIAL ARTS KID co-stars T.J. Storm and Matthew Ziff have joined the cast.