A look at the unreleased NINJA BUSTERS (1984)

udar55

I figured no other forum on the internet would dig this more than you guys. Here is my look at the unreleased '80s action-comedy NINJA BUSTERS (1984). The film was directed by Paul Kyriazi (DEATH MACHINES) and starred real life martial artists Sid Campbell, Eric Lee and Gerald Okamura. We were able to speak with Kyriazi and he gave us the lowdown on the film.

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/07/cine-mia-7-ninja-busters-1984.html

ninjabusters1.JPG

• Like 3

I seriously doubt this film qualifies as a classic in any sense of the word but I did catch Paul Kyriazi's 1984 film, Ninja Busters. There was some hoopla around this film due to it being found after laying around in an abandoned warehouse for 30 years. It even received the blu ray treatment from Garagehouse pictures a few years ago.

The first half of this movie is just a lame, droll comedy about two Ne'er-do-wells who are trying to get laid and decide taking kung fu lessons would be answer. There is a secondary plot about these two bumbling fools who stumble across a shady boss who hires ninjas to safeguard his illegal weapons business. I mainly watched it for Eric Lee and he does get to show off his impressive kata & Sid Campbell has his moments too. Ernie Reyes Sr. has a cameo and the "man of many weapons" Gerald Okamura plays Eric and Sid's sensei.

Things start to pick up in the second half with extended fight scenes including one in an aerobics studio with very annoying screeching girls in the background. The finale with the all out ninja battle in the junkyard was amusing if not laugh out loud funny at points. One doesn't pick up a movie like this for the martial arts but more for the cheesy, schlocky fun.

• Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 6:47 PM, Yihetuan said:

I seriously doubt this film qualifies as a classic in any sense of the word but I did catch Paul Kyriazi's 1984 film, Ninja Busters. There was some hoopla around this film due to it being found after laying around in an abandoned warehouse for 30 years. It even received the blu ray treatment from Garagehouse pictures a few years ago.

The first half of this movie is just a lame, droll comedy about two Ne'er-do-wells who are trying to get laid and decide taking kung fu lessons would be answer. There is a secondary plot about these two bumbling fools who stumble across a shady boss who hires ninjas to safeguard his illegal weapons business. I mainly watched it for Eric Lee and he does get to show off his impressive kata & Sid Campbell has his moments too. Ernie Reyes Sr. has a cameo and the "man of many weapons" Gerald Okamura plays Eric and Sid's sensei.

Things start to pick up in the second half with extended fight scenes including one in an aerobics studio with very annoying screeching girls in the background. The finale with the all out ninja battle in the junkyard was amusing if not laugh out loud funny at points. One doesn't pick up a movie like this for the martial arts but more for the cheesy, schlocky fun.

Love that movie! I am aware of how bad it is, but I tend to immensely enjoy a good old schlocky fun.

• Like 3