Jay Chou's "The Rooftop" Is Very Good. Big Surprise Cameo At The End.

wackiechan

I saw Jay Chou's "The Rooftop" yesterday at the AMC Theatre in Monterey Park, CA(in the L.A. area).

It's a very good movie, maybe one of the best of '13. There was definitely a good love story w/ Jay's character and the actress/singer character(played by Li Xinai). The actor who plays Wax's friend named "Broccoli" seemed to steal every scene he was in.

I read that Jay said there are not that many Chinese musicals, even though it may or may not be true that there were some Shaw Brothers musicals during the '60s or '70s(including Shaw's recent part-musical, "The 72 Tenants of Prosperity").

There is a big surprise cameo at the end of "The Rooftop". If you're going to reply to my topic, and tell people about who it was that did the cameo, then please include a "SPOILER WARNING".

So overall, I very much suggest you watch "The Rooftop", especially if you're a fan of Jay Chou, "Moulin Rouge", or if the Summer has gotten you down because of disappointing movies or strange weather. The movie cheered me up during this Summer.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Can't believe this movie hasn't broaden the appeal of my Kung Fu Brethren??? Are you ashamed of this beautiful young man by the name of Jay Chou or the fact that he has a body of a golden imperial Goddess??? I can't believe even my good friend mpm74 haven't even mention this movie to me, damn you!!!!!

51%2Bbq-4n1YL.jpg

Noelle Shadow Kick

I saw this movie at the New York Asian Film Fest this year (it was their closing film) and found it quite enjoyable. I only wish that it hadn't been sold to me as a "kung fu musical" because really it's just a musical. So I warn people against watching this thinking they'll see martial arts. There's only like one dance sequence that includes fighting really, and in my opinion it's not enough for anyone looking for an action.

That being said, Jay Chou was just great in this film and I really enjoyed watching it.

Archived