Bruce Lee - Gone 40 Years RIP

sdog2006

Rest in peace to the finest martial artist of all time and the most charismatic man to ever walk the earth.

First cast eyes on him in 1983, when I was seven, in The Big Boss, and what special moments that dude has given me.

In 2002, when I finally saw the full length Game of Death footage, a friend and I sat with a bottle of Jack Daniels and watched it six times, back to back, and the smile never left our faces.

Never forgotten.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
danthemandmv

The things he accomplished in his short time on this Earth are nothing short of extraordinary;the impact he continues to have upon untold millions around the world is immeasurable.Bruce,we truly miss you...

Neon Samurai

Few in world history have been more influential in their teachings among mortals than Bruce. I still can't believe he's been gone for 40 years but his legacy is immortal!

Because of my age, I consider myself one of the original film fans of this great talent. As a kid, I took a lot of cracks and gags for being a BRUCE LEE FREAK... I bought mags, wore the Chinese shoes, made nunchuks that I carried around everywhere; practiced my Lee-like facial expressions before my mirrors. I was stricken with this man's charisma, talent, prowess, and physical fitness.

Now, after all these years, and the inception of the Internet, I've come to realize I am but one, amongst millions who've shared similar experiences, ideas, and views-and it's a wonderful feeling, knowing there are even greater BRUCE LEE FREAKS than I! My BROTHERHOOD! :bigsmile:

BE WATER, MY FRIENDS.

Bruce is the reason I'm into Kung Fu movies. More imprtantley he got me interested in J.Krishnamurti, Zen Buddhism and Taoism. I read an essay he wrote on the yin/yang principle. It's the best description of it's meaning I ever read. It's not just metaphysics. It's a natural law - yin and yang are not seperate opposites, there is no divide between them(matter and non-matter are one), the cycle is a totality. It is the underlying law of change in the universe. And Taoism has many parallells to modern science, the Taoists understood adaptation and natural selection long before Darwin's Evolution. All this understanding I owe to Bruce.

Archived