SHAWS on itunes

bobo

Chemical Lemon

I'm a big fan of the convenience of having these releases on iTunes, but even I'm not biting for $15. They're way better than DVD, and only a step down from blu rays, but for a catalog title it's too much to pay. I've noticed in the past that a lot of films you can't get on blu go for a premium on iTunes. Like some of the HD hammer movies that aren't available on blu are around $15 on iTunes. I'll wait though.

What makes even less sense is that these same movies are available on Google Play and YouTube in HD for $6. That's almost $10 less. Without buying them to compare the video quality the only difference I can see is that the Google Play/YouTube versions only have a single audio choice (usually English) and no subs. Maybe the company they use has a special deal with google.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chemical Lemon

The Assassin, The Duel, Deadly Duo, Dirty Ho, Clan of the White Lotus, and Killer Clans have all been reduced to $5 on iTunes (to buy HD). Valley of the Fangs is still $15. I'm not sure if this is a pricing error, a fix to a pricing error, or a temporary promotion. $5 is way better than $15 though. Hoping Valley drops also.

The Heroic Ones, Legendary Weapons of China, and the Celestial version of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter are still missing.

The Assassin, The Duel, Deadly Duo, Dirty Ho, Clan of the White Lotus, and Killer Clans have all been reduced to $5 on iTunes (to buy HD). Valley of the Fangs is still $15. I'm not sure if this is a pricing error, a fix to a pricing error, or a temporary promotion. $5 is way better than $15 though. Hoping Valley drops also.

The Heroic Ones, Legendary Weapons of China, and the Celestial version of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter are still missing.

$5 for some of these downloads is the right price. Until we see more blu-ray releases, I can splurge a little on Dirty Ho and Clan of the White Lotus.

Chemical Lemon

It looks like this is just a Chinese New Year sale for the next week or two. I think there are 19 movies on sale at the moment. Not sure how long they'll be on sale or if they'll switch titles every couple days.

The Assassin

The Duel

The Deadly Duo

Dirty Ho

Clan of the White Lotus

Killer Clans

The Kid With The Golden Arm

The Five Venoms

One-Armed Swordsman

Heroes of the East

Golden Swallow

The Chinese Boxer

The Boxer From Shantung

Blood Brothers

Come Drink With Me

Executioners From Shaolin

The Flying Guillotine

Justice My Foot

***Martial Arts of Shaolin

I couldn't get in to check the price on Martial Arts of Shaolin, but I believe it was $5 when I checked it last night.

Chemical Lemon

Legendary Weapons of China is up on iTunes now. Has Cantonese and English audio, English and Traditional Chinese subs.

This one is $8. So not on sale for $5 and not $15 like the rest of the recent releases. Can't help but feel the $15 was a mistake, or a test, and either it's difficult to change the pricing or they're so disorganized that they haven't been able to / realized it yet.

The Celestial version of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter and The Heroic Ones are still not up.

I went ahead and picked up Dirty Ho for $5. This makes the 3rd Shaws film from iTunes that I "own". Previously I bought Executioners from Shaolin and Super Inframan. I paid $8 for each of those. I really am torn between holding out for a blu-ray that may never come or buying into a one-sided deal with Apple. :bigsmile:

Oh and still f all on the UK iTunes :neutral:

It seems Celestial is not that interested in UK sales.They don't want our money.We are too small but hey " every little helps " " every penny counts "

Chemical Lemon

Valley of the Fangs has been reduced to $8. This isn't a sale price, so I think they've either fixed the mistake or decided $15 wasn't going to sell many.

Still no sign of the Heroic Ones or the Celestial version of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.

Dity Ho, Legendary Weapons and Clan of the White Lotus are up on the UK store. Not seen the others.

Nice one! So now it's far too much trouble to put them into the SHAW BROS section now you have to randomly search for titles....

bought Legendary in 1080p

White Lotus next

Chemical Lemon

The Celestial version of 8 Diagram Pole Fighter is up on iTunes now. Cantonese and English dubs, possibly just English subs. $15 for HD. Still no Heroic Ones.

Nice one! So now it's far too much trouble to put them into the SHAW BROS section now you have to randomly search for titles....

bought Legendary in 1080p

White Lotus next

I still don't know how to access the Shaw section on iTunes without finding a link on google. They don't make it easy do they...

Chemical Lemon

The Heroic zones has gone up on iTunes. Mandarin/English dubs and English/Traditional Chinese subs. $8 HD buying price. I think all SB prices are now back to 3/4/5/8 (rent SD/rent HD/buy SD/buy HD).

That's the last of the 10 movies that were already out on Google Play. I hope we don't have to wait as long for the next batch.

Chemical Lemon

Turns out The Super Inframan on Google Play really does have the English dub that's missing on iTunes. I think the following movies missing English dubs on iTunes have them on Google Play (which only has a single dub, so no Mandarin/Cantonese audio or English subtitles).

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Return to the 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Bare-Footed Kid

Hero

The Super Inframan

Behind the Yellow Line, Justice My Foot, and Out of the Dark are the only movies on Google Play/Youtube that are in Cantonese with English subtitles.

Skeleton Claw
Turns out The Super Inframan on Google Play really does have the English dub that's missing on iTunes. I think the following movies missing English dubs on iTunes have them on Google Play (which only has a single dub, so no Mandarin/Cantonese audio or English subtitles).

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Return to the 36th Chamber of Shaolin

Bare-Footed Kid

Hero

The Super Inframan

Behind the Yellow Line, Justice My Foot, and Out of the Dark are the only movies on Google Play/Youtube that are in Cantonese with English subtitles.

Does he english dub on Super Inframan differ than the Joseph Brenner version?

Chemical Lemon

I believe it's the Joseph Brenner dub. I'm not familiar enough with the different dubs, but it's the same dub as this one on Youtube, which has Brenner in the starting credits.

KWsiVXwqZIA

Tigerstyles

Treasure Hunters

Kid From Kwantung

both new on UK iTunes

about time they added something

Chemical Lemon

Thanks for the heads up. These are also up in the US.

Looks like Celestial updated their web page prior to releasing the movies this time. There should be at least 18 (including these 2) new ones coming, listed below. The other's aren't up in the US yet though. They did mention on facebook this week that The Brave Archer was coming soon. Haven't been following what's been playing on El Ray, but I assume these have all been shown already?

Brave Archer and His Mate

Buddha's Palm

Full Moon Scimitar

House of Traps

Kid From Kwangtung

Marco Polo

My Young Auntie

Opium and the Kung Fu Master

Perils of the Sentimental Swordsman

Shaolin Handlock

Shaolin Intruders

The Brave Archer

The Brave Archer 2

The Brave Archer 3

The Young Vagabond

Two Champions of Shaolin

The Weird Man

Skeleton Claw

Good news! I believe all of those have been on El Rey with the exception of Buddha's Palm. Will be interested to it dubbed.

Chemical Lemon

Two Champions of Shaolin, The Young Vagabond, and My Young Auntie are up on iTunes in the US now. One thing to note, they have English dubs but no English subs. These are the first SB releases with no subs. I assume it's either a mistake or they are in the process of updating them since they just went up. If it's a mistake then there's a chance they'll never be added.

Chemical Lemon

Opium and the Kung Fu Master is up now too, same issue with no English subtitles.

Archived