SHAWS on itunes

bobo

Ok, just gave this a shot. I "purchased" Super Inframan. Pretty simple process. Much easier than I thought it would be. The PQ is an improvement over the Image Entertainment dvd. Not sure if its as good as or worse than the recent Japanese blu ray release. It was worth a try, anyways. I still am not comfortable with the iTunes experience. But, next, I think that I will rent one that I have not seen and see how that goes. One other experiment that I would like to try is to purchase iTunes Shaw that I have on blu ray and see how it compares. Perhaps later on when I have the extra money to spend.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was able to compare my iTunes purchase with blu ray rip. Honestly, there is not that much difference between the two images. The blu image looked a little "zoomed in" but there was no loss of image though. From what I could tell, it showed the most image of all the releases that I have. Oddly though, I can`t say that the Japanese blu is better overall than the iTunes version. I did notice from time to time some slight color differences and places where I preferred the iTunes image. Just minor stuff. Very minor. If anything, the iTunes version may be just a hair softer in places. Its probably a safe bet that if you need English subtitles then just stick with iTunes until an English subtitled blu comes out; if it does.

I was unable to get any image from iTunes due to their wonderful encryption scheme. But, here is a couple of images from the blu ray rip. Just keep in mind that the iTunes version looks almost exactly like what I have here minus some minor side image.

post-233-144191898407_thumb.jpg

post-233-144191898417_thumb.jpg

quite a step up from the dvd to blu ray.

I guess if tokyo shock released inframan instead of image entertainment it would look a lot better on dvd.

I find it hard to believe the itunes 1080p version (3GB) is the same picture quality as the japanese bluray (30GB)

I click on that link and it re-direct me to the apple website telling me to download itunes.

I already have the lastest itunes 64 bits installed......... I don't get it.

Chemical Lemon
I click on that link and it re-direct me to the apple website telling me to download itunes.

I already have the lastest itunes 64 bits installed......... I don't get it.

Yeah, that's a little weird, actually reminds me of the old days before most programs were managed and if they weren't installed in the right directories calling applications couldn't find them. But in this day and age that makes no sense. It's working for me in the US on an iMac and iPhone. Maybe the issue is with how iTunes is managed on non apple devices.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a way to access the collection directly inside iTunes. Which doesn't mean there isn't a way, it just isn't obvious enough for me.

It worked for me. I am in the US. What country are you in?

from Canada, we usually have access to the exact same stuff as the U.S.

I installed google chrome and now it's actually working. Chrome asked me if I want to launch the application and i said yes, I guess my problem is my internet explorer actually block itunes.

The link for shaw brothers on iTunes works a treat but when I go on iTunes normally I struggle to find anything where is the actual link?

I bought 5 venoms in HD it is a real eye opener ... The real deal breaker is the English dub being extremely clear unlike other versions

There is supposed to be a sale on now. From the 23rd to the 8th. Yet I dont see a change in prices on iTunes for the Shaws.

Has anyone else been able to see the sale prices?

A sale on these titles would be nice but oh well, I have bought around 10 titles so far.. They look so good and since I am already in the apple ecosystem I can stream these to all of my apple devices which is freaking excellent. I love being able to scratch that shaw itch while on my lunch break at work. :)

A sale on these titles would be nice but oh well, I have bought around 10 titles so far.. They look so good and since I am already in the apple ecosystem I can stream these to all of my apple devices which is freaking excellent. I love being able to scratch that shaw itch while on my lunch break at work. :)

I'm with you on that one buddy!

i watched Crippled Avengers at work and got paid for the pleasure on my IPAD was bliss

Sales make me nervous. haha. dddhouse is doing a sale too. Wonder why Shaws being put on sale? And, even worse, all at the same time. :xd: Its all or nothing. Just ordered some on sale on dddhouse but also now I want to upgrade to HD for a couple of these before the sale ends. My bank account hates me!:wink:

Looks like they are finally doing a sale.. The HD versions are $5.99 instead of the $7.99. :xd:

I might need to pull the trigger here. $6 for HD shaws!

I actually haven't seen any of the newer films on their list like Hero, Bare-Footed Kid, Out of the Dark, Justice My Foot and Behind the Yellow Line. I also haven't seen a few of the older ones like Vengeance, The Savage 5, The New Shaolin Boxers, Four Riders, Annonymous Heroes or Kung Fu Instructor.

Help me out here. Which of these films are absolute MUST owns? What are peoples favorites among these?

I might need to pull the trigger here. $6 for HD shaws!

I actually haven't seen any of the newer films on their list like Hero, Bare-Footed Kid, Out of the Dark, Justice My Foot and Behind the Yellow Line. I also haven't seen a few of the older ones like Vengeance, The Savage 5, The New Shaolin Boxers, Four Riders, Annonymous Heroes or Kung Fu Instructor.

Help me out here. Which of these films are absolute MUST owns? What are peoples favorites among these?

For me hands down it would be Kung Fu Instructor..

Vengeance is awesome. A real precursor to John Woo's stuff. One of Chang Cheh's best directed movies, I'd say--and David Chiang is a lot better in this type of setting than he is in traditional period kung fu movies, IMO.

Kung Fu Instructor - classic!

I really like Kung Fu Instructor but I saw the sequel last month and it was pretty crappy imo (The Master Strikes Back)

I really like Kung Fu Instructor but I saw the sequel last month and it was pretty crappy imo (The Master Strikes Back)

Yeah. I did not like The Master Strikes Back. There was something "off" about it.

Archived