Enemies Closer (Van Damme) Trailer

mpm74

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Thomas Everett Scott from American werewolf in paris or London and Orlando Jones from Mad Tv, I need to see this. Van Damme looks like Michael Myers, from now on van damme should just play villains.

awww hell yeah :xd:

Peter Hyams making a kick ass return to the directors seat & JCVD looks awesome again as a bad guy

Totally agree OKFC, he should just be evil from now on

7/10 . Better than Special ID. Good action and nice MMA. Van Damme is a killer in this one and the tree stunt fight was pretty good.

I'm planning to watch this one over the weekend. The only really bad stuff I've heard about it is that all the fights are far too dark.

How are you watching it? Is it on DVD already?

I'm not sure if it's on DVD yet but it has been available through "other means" for a week or so.

very entertaining van damme is great as the over the top villian, that barnett of his is priceless. i enjoyed this a way lot better than the awful angel warriors which i watched straight after.

I think those who say it was too dark should wait for a proper DVD/hi-def release. Sometimes these "other" ways of watching movies will make you lose those detailed visuals - especially dark scenes.

Trust me, I have nothing against these "other" ways of watching movies (especially when they make us wait forever or don't release the damn thing properly or if it's OOP!)….

BTW, it should be noted that editor for Enemies Closer is Peter's son, John (Universal Soldier: Regeneration/Day of Reckoning). The reason why EC's fight scenes shine is because of his input. I haven't looked up the fight choreographer, but maybe it' the same guy John uses (which would make sense).

Guest Markgway

Even on Blu Ray Peter Hyams' films are too dark, everything from Timecop to The Relic to End of Days. He seemingly lights them with a torch (flashlight if you're American).

I downloaded it last night and have yet to watch it.. But I skimmed thru it and I know what you mean by "dark" now.. The fights all happens next to a fire where it had a red glow or in a dark locker room or just middle of the jungle... Very very dark

One Armed Boxer
it has been released in Australia at least on both blu & dvd

Wow, I had no idea, I also live in Australia! Well that's lunch time tomorrow sorted...a trip to JB Hi-Fi it is!:tongue:

Australia also got the only uncut release of 'Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning' I believe...sometimes it pays to be down under!

Australia also got the only uncut release of 'Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning' I believe...sometimes it pays to be down under!

No, in Germany it was also released uncut.

One Armed Boxer

Ah, I should have specified only English speaking country. That's good stuff though, Germany gets some fantastic DVD releases of old school kung-fu, you put other countries to shame.

gwailosforever
Ah, I should have specified only English speaking country. That's good stuff though, Germany gets some fantastic DVD releases of old school kung-fu, you put other countries to shame.

Nope England got it uncut too ;) As far as I'm aware only America got the cut version.

One Armed Boxer
Would I be right in thinking this only has a DVD release so far though in Thailand & France?

*OAB

it has been released in Australia at least on both blu & dvd

Australia also got the only uncut release of 'Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning' I believe

Ah, I should have specified only English speaking country.

Nope England got it uncut too ;)

I should just stop talking in this thread shouldn't I....:crossedlips:

Archived