Ruth Wilson

James Badge Dale

Helena Bonham Carter

01~15.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Are you a robot? Anyways it's sitting at 22% on the tomatometer and based on the trailer it had the Pirates of The Caribbean vibe and I'm not a fan of those movies or Jack Sparrow. Okay Jack Sparrow is the only thing I like about Pirates but other than that? I'll pass. Please say something Galvatron?

massa_yoda
Are you a robot?

In Galvatron's defense, I have seen him make comments after articles posted, but only rarely, like this after the article on Douglas Engelbart:

R.I.P

I don't know who create computer mouse until now .

As for The Lone Ranger, I might still see it despite the reviews...but only cause I'm a sucker.

Guest Markgway

"From the producer of Pirates of the Caribbean"

A phrase to give one the chills.

And why does Johnny Deep have a dead bird on his head?

I can't be the only one to have noticed that.

I mean, it's dead, isn't it?

OpiumKungFuCracker
I still find it ridiculous that, in this day and age, they couldn't find an actual Native American actor to play the role of a Native American. Also, what the hell kind of name is Armie Hammer? Sounds like a particular brand of baking soda...

Hahhahah Arnie Hammer.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
And why does Johnny Deep have a dead bird on his head?

I can't be the only one to have noticed that.

I mean, it's dead, isn't it?

Is it? Is it dead? Or is this rabid, trained, attack raven Tonto's secret weapon in the film? :angel:

ShaOW!linDude

If memory serves me correctly Depp is of Cherokee ancestry.

Guest Markgway
Is it? Is it dead? Or is this rabid, trained, attack raven Tonto's secret weapon in the film? :angel:

That would be kinda cool.

Secret Executioner
I still find it ridiculous that, in this day and age, they couldn't find an actual Native American actor to play the role of a Native American.

Agreed... Love the double standard: black face is racist but a white guy dressing up as a Native American is okay. It was used in a Family Guy episode where Chris wanted to dress up as Bill Cosby for Halloween which got Lois horrified and she asked him to wear his Indian chief costume. Yet, all the reviewers kept pointing out a continuity mistake as he ultimately dressed up as Optimus Prime and none mentionned that double standard which appeared very obvious to me. Seems like Native Americans have a long way to go... You often hear about bad social indicators regarding the African American community but the Natives are far worse off.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Agreed... Love the double standard: black face is racist but a white guy dressing up as a Native American is okay. It was used in a Family Guy episode where Chris wanted to dress up as Bill Cosby for Halloween which got Lois horrified and she asked him to wear his Indian chief costume. Yet, all the reviewers kept pointing out a continuity mistake as he ultimately dressed up as Optimus Prime and none mentionned that double standard which appeared very obvious to me. Seems like Native Americans have a long way to go... You often hear about bad social indicators regarding the African American community but the Natives are far worse off.

This guy has the right idea:

bZ1RZHtT718

TibetanWhiteCrane

Well, he is right..... you can't really argue his point. Even if the statute of limitation on the crimes of the settlers was perhaps up quite some time ago.

Regarding the movie, it's not really my thang... but I saw a behin-the-scenes thing on it, and they really placed a great emphasis on physical action instead of CGI, which is always welcome in my book.

This guy has the right idea:

bZ1RZHtT718

I HATE Johnny Depp, the guy just annoys the shit outta me, but speaking as a native american (Navajo) he still isnt as annoying as the guy in this video.

The native guy is right... but how many centuries do you hold a grudge for...?

I wont argue that, but IMO he will only be perceived as another drunk indin. If he wants to do something positive he can educate himself and that child.

Archived