Lady is the Boss- question

Phoenix

Sorry if this post should be in another thread, can anyone tell me the best version of Lady is the Boss that's available, either official or unofficial? I have the original IVL release, is there a blu ray release or the english dub available in any way?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor

I think Siren released a genuine anamorphic mono (though Mandarin) version, though I held off it for the Media Blasters, which never came and I think Sirens is now OOP...doh!

Yeah, the Siren is in Mandarin (think all of them are). Anamorphic, subbed.

Sirens are OOP but can still be found occasionally.

Eastern Evil

I haven't watched 'Lady is the Boss' yet. I did see 'My Young Auntie' - I'm sure they aren't really similar setting wise. I really didn't like the clothes/hair from the bit I saw.

I know if I give it another try, I will be happier with it since it was a while ago when I tried watching it.

What are the opinions on the movie itself?

( I don't seem to notice all the bad technical stuff - I'm just so glad to see the movies!)

TibetanWhiteCrane

I love it, it was in my LKL top ten. I love the 80's setting, but then I love the 80's period...

I find the comedy more easily digestible than that of MYA, and while MYA's end fight is far superior, I still like LITB better as a whole. But im probably pretty alone on that one.

[quote=TibetanWhiteCrane;215399

I find the comedy more easily digestible than that of MYA, and while MYA's end fight is far superior, I still like LITB better as a whole. But im probably pretty alone on that one.

Thanks for the replies, sorry I didn't post back sooner. So is the Siren the best version out there? I really wish a dub was out there, too.

Eastern Evil- if you're one of the guys who have no problem with comedy you'll probably enjoy Lady is the Boss. It's very 80s but that's a plus for me. The ending features references to some of Lau Kar Leung's other films too, so you'd probably enjoy that. I really like this film.

TWC- I just wish the very last duel was a bit longer. The obvious acrobatic doubling is slightly off-putting, too.

Archived