Tak3n (2015)

AlbertV

• Administrator
I re-watched Taken the other day and was shocked at how perfunctory it all was. Utterly ordinary. how did it become so popular?

No kidding, it doesn't hold up? I enjoyed it so much when I saw it.

Taken 2 aka Taken The Piss is one of the worst films ever made. Truly awful.

I could never bring myself to watch this. Not after seeing this director abuse action choreography and film in general with his editing and extreme close-up nonsense in THE TRANSPORTER 3. To say "I'm not a fan" of his work would be a huge understatement. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken 2's biggest flaw is that it isn't about anything whereas the first film actually tried to be about an important issue, but it's still kinda dumb fun for what it is. Yeah, Megaton is a terrible director, but Liam Neeson's mere presence keeps the movie elevated a few notches. It's perfectly watchable...to me.

Why was the first so popular? Again: Neeson's AMAZING performance. His whole speech over the phone has been oft repeated and parodied since it came out. IMO, it still holds up. I don't think we needed a second and third film...but regardless, I will probably see Tak3n. My love of Neeson outweighs my hate of Megaton.

And I'll probably see John Wick too!

Taken 2's biggest flaw is that it isn't about anything whereas the first film actually tried to be about an important issue, but it's still kinda dumb fun for what it is. Yeah, Megaton is a terrible director, but Liam Neeson's mere presence keeps the movie elevated a few notches. It's perfectly watchable...to me.

Why was the first so popular? Again: Neeson's AMAZING performance. His whole speech over the phone has been oft repeated and parodied since it came out. IMO, it still holds up. I don't think we needed a second and third film...but regardless, I will probably see Tak3n. My love of Neeson outweighs my hate of Megaton.

I'd say the appeal of Taken came from his total unforgiving nature to the villains. He just didn't give an eff, and killed everyone. He even shot a friends wife to get answers. I was blown away because I couldn't recall many instances before this movie where a likable hero was so brutal and uncompromising seemingly out of nowhere. Taken 2 was a stupid movie but dumb fun.

masterofoneinchpunch
... His whole speech over the phone has been oft repeated and parodied since it came out. IMO, it still holds up. I don't think we needed a second and third film...but regardless, I will probably see Tak3n. My love of Neeson outweighs my hate of Megaton.

One of my favorite scenes of all-time (not kidding on this) is when he finally he meets up with the person he spoke to over the phone. "I told you I would find you."

I saw the trailer to John Wick when I watched A Walk Among the Tombstones, I'm looking forward to that film a lot now.

Just in case anyone is actually going to see this, yet again it's been cut to get a 12A rating in the UK. Just.. with this and the worst action director working today, I have never been less excited about a film.

They could have handled the sequels a lot better. Loved the first film, the second one didn't impress me much.

The fact the latest movie has been edited down for a lower rating and directed by someone with attention deficit disorder, means ill give it a miss. A shame they did not make better use of Liam Neeson's talent and character in the sequels. Id like to have seen him being hired by someone else who has lost a family member. Give the film a different setting, somewhere in Asia perhaps?

Saw it yesterday..decent drama/spy scenes, but the action sucked. Quick cuts, way too much shaky cam. Overall it was just "OK." Liam Neesin and Forest Whitaker were cool.

Ashame as the first movie was great.

I didn't mind it at all. T3, Man On The Run. Doesn't use the premise of the first two. I didn't mind how they did T2 premise wise, to be honest.

Once again, another movie with the Batman Begins sickness. When dialog or scenery, fine. Nice exteriors and cinematography here. When the action starts? Grab the Dramamine. Shaky, close, hyper edited action is the soup of the day, if you can keep it down. Even with all of the techniques used to protect Liam, he doesn't look like he can really fight and is doubled for running, leaping, moving. The gun stuff is fine as is the car stuff.

Entertaining movie as far as I'm concerned.

decent drama/spy scenes, but the action sucked. Quick cuts, way too much shaky cam.

Not only in action, director used quick cuts in dialogue scenes too much. It started to irrate soon. As for storyline, it was OK. Could have been better but seen worse.

But camerawork made this quite bad watching experience.

Archived