Tak3n (2015)

AlbertV

Dark Horizons

Liam Neeson is closing a deal reportedly worth around $20 million for a third installment in the "Taken" franchise at EuropaCorp and 20th Century Fox.

Neeson would reprise his role as Bryan Mills, the retired CIA agent who beat the crap out of the French sex slave underworld in the first film. Neeson was under contract to return for the first sequel for which he earned around $15 million.

The first film scored good reviews and raked in $226 million worldwide from a $25 million budget. The second film, despite being widely panned, made an impressive $376 million from its $45 million budget.

No deals are yet in place with his onscreen family - actresses Maggie Grace and Famke Janssen. Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen are working on the script with Besson set to produce.

No director is yet attached, though filming is aiming to begin in February.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterofoneinchpunch

This may be anathema, but I was hoping for more of a team oriented approach led by the Liam Neeson character. I would not want a retread of the first two films.

OpiumKungFuCracker

They've taken my money twice, won't be taken again for a 3rd time unless that is the plot of the movie?

I'm curious what direction they will go for the third movie. I enjoyed the first movie. Second movie was good in parts but I still preferred the first movie.

Guest Markgway

The second part was undoubtedly an inferior retread... but nowhere near as bad as some critics made out.

A third part will only work if they leave the family out of it.

Make it a non-personal mission. He can still kick ass.

I want to see Leland Orser packin' heat... lol

Drunken Arts

I would like him to be Taken, and not the small extent of the 2nd, but new villains that he has pissed off from a previous mission, and enslaved in a camp/prison, think Sona from Prison Break Season 3, with no guns, only his "Skills" he has to stay alive and escape.... Mmm Maybe lol

I don't really mind what they do with it as long as Olivier Megaton isn't the director, I would much prefer Louis Leterrier to return.

Maybe it should be titled Taken Again, or Taken Some More.

Before being offered 20 million. Neeson said there would be no 3rd movie because that would be irresponsible parenting.

What is confirmed is that both Liam Neeson and Maggie Grace (who plays Kim Mills) are returning as is Olivier Megaton, but Dark Horizons reports Forest Whitaker may be getting a role in the three-quel.

This may not make sense as it pertains to the title, but Liam Neeson said he would only do the 3rd film is it involved no one really being kidnapped as the basis of the film. So, I have no idea what direction they are going, but I guess we will see.

Bleeding Cool

This may not make sense as it pertains to the title, but Liam Neeson said he would only do the 3rd film is it involved no one really being kidnapped as the basis of the film. So, I have no idea what direction they are going, but I guess we will see.

Bleeding Cool

I think he stopped caring as much once they offered him 20 million.

The first photos have been released and can be seen at Dark Horizons

In this installment, Neeson's Bryan Mills has been framed for murder and finds himself on the run. Maggie Grace returns as daughter Kim.

The film is coming out on January 9th.

masterofoneinchpunch

Ah, The Fugitive.

I'm not overly happy that Olivier Megaton is directing this. He tends to overshoot the action with handheld and shaky cam. The trailer footage looks restrained compared to Taken 2, but we will see. I still would have liked to see a team based Taken film, but I know they are going for star power alone.

On a side note: I saw A Walk Among Tombstones and that was a nice Liam Neeson performance there. It is a detective film (film noirish) not an action film (which I knew some people this annoyed.)

I have zero anticipation for this. which really annoys me because I love the idea of it. And I'm not trying to be ironic or a hater or anything, but I physically can't see why anyone would give Megaton the job of directing again, after the hatchet job he made of the last one. I don't know if anyone here has seen The Big Man/Crossing the Line starring Neeson, but it contains an amazing fight sequence that proves that Neeson really can do a great job of the physical stuff. Megaton however appears to have been raised on hyper-edited music videos and others of that ilk.

I re-watched Taken the other day and was shocked at how perfunctory it all was. Utterly ordinary. how did it become so popular?

Taken 2 aka Taken The Piss is one of the worst films ever made. Truly awful.

Archived