Hit Team (2001)/Heat Team (2004)

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Two questions:

1. How much action is in these films and is it cool?

2. Are the Movie Power's German DVDs (Special Force Hong Kong 1 & 2) progressive PAL?

Tar.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Didn't like either of them. Heat Team goes for artsy camera work and comedy, and Hit Team looks, smells and feels cheap, plus it looks like it was shot on video.

Guest Markgway

Hit Team was shot on 35mm.

Could it have been a poor letterboxed transfer you saw?

AFAIK, the German DVD is the only anamorphic edition.

I actually saw both of these films when they came out, but don't remember them at all.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Had the regular HK dvd, just remember it looking crap. Might have been that particular version. And didn't like the movie itself either.

Reel Power Stunts

It's been a long time since I saw these, but I remember quite liking "Hit Team" and enjoyed the action. It is very much in the Gordon Chan/Dante Lam police & criminals shootout style, which is exciting but not as stylised as, say John Woo action.

I recall "Heat Team" being pretty rubbish, with the ending being a real letdown. I seem to recall this having to do with the film running out of money during production.

I can't comment on the DVDs you mention, but can certainly say "Hit Team" (shot on 35mm as you say) didn't look like video when projected in HK cinemas.

Archived