Have a question for Kara or CKT?

teako170

I'll be interviewing Hui Ying-Hung in the next few weeks and (hopefully) Chen Kuan Tai in the near future as well. If you have any burning questions you might have for them, post them here or PM me. The more specific the question, the better. Mainly interested in questions on the films they made with Fu Sheng but anything Shaw related is fine. Thx...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
odioustrident

Would be great if they could recount any notable injuries in their "classic" films. Maybe they remember their most challenging takes in regards to memorization / execution of complex choreography. It really depends on what they remember; seems like some of these players worked on so many projects they deemed similar that they can't get into specifics.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Would be cool to get some insight into the Shaw machinery... were they all like one big happy family, rivalries, healthy competion, all working together towards a common goal, what was the vibe?

Were they working on numerous pictures at once, and did that mess with their heads in terms of inhabiting characters, remembering lines (even though they shot without sound) remembering what fighting style they were suppose to do on that particular set etc.

Have they seen their own movies? Did they go to premieres? A lot of actors are really done with the job when shooting stops, and just moves on, without caring too much about the finished product. Their job is the acting. Does that apply to them?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

How good is their English....... reading and speaking?

Do they know of this forum? Do they read this forum.

What is CKT's favorite kung fu movies he made for Shaw's and outside of Shaw's?

Does CKT still practice Monkey Kung Fu?

Is Kara married?

Do either of them have kids?

Will CKT star in another period piece kung fu movie?

Here are a few for you Teako........good luck with your interviews.

Are you in Hong Kong? Is that where you will meet them?

Tell them Golden Dragon Yin-Yang loved their movies and send them blessings from the USA.

GD Y-Y :wink:

Omni Dragon

Do they have a favourite of their own films? If so which?

& least favourite film of theirs?

Do they have a favourite memory of working on a film?

& least favourite memory of working on a film?

& do they have any good story's of film making they wouldn't mind sharing?

I'd want to ask Hui Ying Hung to compare the differences between performing in the earlier Shaw films and the later modern day stuff (Widow Warriors, That's Money). Which was the more enjoyable experience, the more rigorous/dangerous...

Maybe if either of them have any interesting on the set stories regarding various directors/co-stars.

Do either of them have kids?

CKT has a grown son and daughter.

Are you in Hong Kong?

I wish. Kara was agreebly to meet in person but as I'm in the States and she in HK, its not in the budget. Oh well...

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
CKT has a grown son and daughter.

I wish. Kara was agreebly to meet in person but as I'm in the States and she in HK, its not in the budget. Oh well...

Thanks Teako :)!

GD Y-Y

Eastern Evil

The men below are the 'Four Grandads of Shaw' to me - Kara and Chen Kuan Tai must have worked with these men a bunch of times. I think it would be great to get any insight into their personalities and careers, as they are in probably about 1000 combined titles. Any movie they are in, I love.

Yeung Chi Hing:

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2662

Shum Lo:

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2665

Wong Ching Ho:

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2548

Ching Mao:

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2815

Cloud Hands

Question for CKT, how do you cope with being such a BOSS!

I would like to know what they see as their favourite films to work on, and favourite to watch - this could be quite different.

What were their favourite directors to work for? Favourite actor or actress to work with?

Are they aware of the fact that they are still popular and remembered in the west, and that Shaw Brothers films have a strong cult following?

TibetanWhiteCrane

Are they aware of the fact that they are still popular and remembered in the west, and that Shaw Brothers films have a strong cult following?

Most def, Cloud Hands.... that is a must question.... i've always wondered this myself.

Question for CKT, how do you cope with being such a BOSS!

Lol.... im not sure this is gonna translate well:wink:

Archived