Enter the Dragon Custom Mission

sdog2006

Okay, the reason I posted is because I have the 25th anniversary edition on both vhs and dvd. I feel like a loser because I don't have the theatrical cut version.. This is about my self esteem and I'm very insecure and lonely, I'm sorry.

No, the reason you posted is like you stated before, your Trolling.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, not done much really! Just transferred the NTSC LD to a dual layer DVD (high quality). Had a go at editing out the monk scene from the blu ray, proving hard to get a smooth edit!! :(

Well I messed about with the UK Blu-ray, the LD caps look crap! but it looks much better on a TV! This going to be a real tricky job mate! No way we are going to be able to insert the missing 3 seconds from the LD to the Blu-ray! the aspect ratio would be the killer!!

Guest Markgway

Is this 3 secs of footage crucial to the film? No.

Is anyone losing sleep over it? No.

Should it be present in an ultimate custom edition? Yes.

Should naysayers stop trying to pick a fight? Yes.

Have I asked enough questions in this post? Yes (that's enough! - Ed).

LD to DVD transfer.

rlc8.jpg

y070.jpg

0oaw.jpg

vax5.jpg

h1w3.jpg

bo8k.jpg

dbst.jpg

52hn.jpg

gqd3.jpg

grvg.jpg

ocjf.jpg

v9xr.jpg

I know people are going to say these caps look crap, but trust me the picture quality looks way better on a TV screen! and the sound quality is brilliant! Not sure how much better the transfer could be, I am using a Pioneer LD player and a Panasonic DVD recorder, the main issue is the fact the ETD LD is NTSC and my recorder is PAL.

If anyone else has transferred this I would like to know what theirs came out like!!

It's looking good to me...is it cropped though?

Hey, what I do know anyway! :)

Where's the red "Saul Bass" Warner opening too!?

It's looking good to me...is it cropped though?

Hey, what I do know anyway! :)

Where's the red "Saul Bass" Warner opening too!?

I don't think it is cropped!

All we get is the WB logo seen in my caps, not sure why it isn't on the LD!

Well thats much better than the version i had done for me.

what editing software are you using?

MPEG Video Wizard for DVD stuff, lets you edit VOB's without re authoring. I used it to get rid of the LD size A-B change over.

Mainly Smart Cutter for M2TS and TS files stuff, other than that sometimes Ulead Video studio and Song Vegas

The LD transfer was done at highest quality bit-rate on the recorder and using a decent scart cable! DVD size was just over 6GB. To be honest I don't think you will get any better from a home transfer!

The Enter The Dragon laserdisc is cropped sadly. there was a pretty thorough review in an old issue of Video Watchdog years back....don't have it any more but they were quite harsh on the cropping...

Kudos to you for all your hard work, NewGen.

I think it looks pretty great!

Thanks Karlos :smile:

At the moment all I have done is transfer the NTSC remastered Laserdisc to dual layer DVD at a high bite-rate. I am very pleased how it turned out, it is best cinema cut we are going to get until some company releases a retail DVD.

I have tried editing the 2 scenes out of the UK Blu-ray, it is proving to be very difficult and time consuming!

If someone has the time and great video editing skills I am happy to supply the HD video and LD video/audio.

I am not giving up on this!, but in all honesty the project is a little out of my league! :(

Thanks Karlos :smile:

At the moment all I have done is transfer the NTSC remastered Laserdisc to dual layer DVD at a high bite-rate. I am very pleased how it turned out, it is best cinema cut we are going to get until some company releases a retail DVD.

I have tried editing the 2 scenes out of the UK Blu-ray, it is proving to be very difficult and time consuming!

If someone has the time and great video editing skills I am happy to supply the HD video and LD video/audio.

I am not giving up on this!, but in all honesty the project is a little out of my league! :(

Just on curiousity, how much time you have spent to that project? No matter what it is I`m not going to say it was stupid instead I appreciate your dedication to go through it:bigsmile:

Just on curiousity, how much time you have spent to that project? No matter what it is I`m not going to say it was stupid instead I appreciate your dedication to go through it:bigsmile:

Well a good few hours!. Just ripping the HD content to the PC takes a long time and requires a decent PC with loads of free space and expensive software. As I say I have had a go of editing the HD files but they are very awkward, they also take forever to encode! My PC is 6 years old and doesn't really have the processing power that is needed to render these large HD files!. If it was like editing a DVD it wouldn't be such hard labour!

I will have another go during the week.

Archived