Enter the Dragon Custom Mission

sdog2006

I have just found my UK HD-DVD, does anyone know if it is cropped or better than the Blu-ray releases? I can't test it at the moment as don't have a player setup!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
Think you're missing the point, mate.

Everyone discussing the topic will have the theatrical print. We just want it in the best condition possible.

I think Haz means buy a 35mm print to telecine and make your custom DVDs from that.

I'm sure he's not suggesting that every KFC member buy their own film print and projector set up!

Prints are becoming cheaper and cheaper, and they're giving away projectors now. Its a fun hobby, but it is space/time consuming. I might know someone with a theatrical print for sale. I only have a Bruce Lee doc on 35mm & a couple Bruce Li films.

Prints are becoming cheaper and cheaper, and they're giving away projectors now. Its a fun hobby, but it is space/time consuming. I might know someone with a theatrical print for sale. I only have a Bruce Lee doc on 35mm & a couple Bruce Li films.

How much do the 35mm films go for?, might be interested in obtaining a copy of ETD!

Yeah, please tell us how much prints cost and where they can be purchased from!

BTW What is the doc you have and the Bruce Li films?

Thanks

Carl

My new DVD recorder arrived today! :wink:

Just popped in my ETD NTSC Laserdisc, picture quality is brilliant - much better quality than I thought it was! (haven't viewed it for years!) and the audio is superb!! I can see why Laserdisc was so special back then!!

Putting ETD onto the recorder HDD as I write this, highest quality setting on the recorder! Will pop it onto a dual layer disc and see what it looks like!

Guest Markgway
Pardon my ignorance but is that extra 3 seconds ONLY available on that LD?

Also pre-1998 VHS.

Any edition that isn't the extended cut.

Also pre-1998 VHS.

Any edition that isn't the extended cut.

So the best source is the LD? No DVD of that cut was released?

So the best source is the LD? No DVD of that cut was released?

Afraid not! that's why my old Laserdisc had to come out after all these years!

OpiumKungFuCracker

You guys seen the movie about a billion times, does it really matter if it's cut uncut on home video bluray???? I think it's time to give it a break guys and watch other films that needs watch, the movie came out like 40 years ago, come on, MOVE ON!!!!!!!

I`ve never understood why people who have no interest in a topic feel the need to piss on it.

There are plenty of threads here that don`t interest me, So guess what, i don`t read them.

So because it was released forty years ago we should just forget about it ? I want the best possible quality of the movie in it`s original form.

Also i`ve moved on just fine, it`s not like i sit here watching nothing but bruce lee movies.

Well said mate! Most fans of the film want the original version in as good-as-it gets quality. If anyone reading this doesn't....ignore the thread!

OpiumKungFuCracker
I`ve never understood why people who have no interest in a topic feel the need to piss on it.

There are plenty of threads here that don`t interest me, So guess what, i don`t read them.

So because it was released forty years ago we should just forget about it ? I want the best possible quality of the movie in it`s original form.

Also i`ve moved on just fine, it`s not like i sit here watching nothing but bruce lee movies.

It's the internet, I'm just Trolling with you.:tongue:

But, does three seconds really matter?

For some it does. I have friend who in VHS era got hold of UK-BBFC Friday the 13th part 1.

He was not able to sleep in 2 nights after that because he SUSPECTED it was cut by few seconds. Was it, I do not remember anymore..

From what people are saying, these three seconds are just of Bruce walking around looking for Han. Doesn't seem that important to me...

OpiumKungFuCracker
From what people are saying, these three seconds are just of Bruce walking around looking for Han. Doesn't seem that important to me...

Are you serious? That's it, just 3 sec of Bruce walking around looking for Han??? That can't be right, no way all this point and effort and losing sleep just for Bruce walking around for 3 sec???

It is not important at all. and i have not lost a wink of sleep either.

That being said I want it the way it was when i first saw it 100% not 99.9%.

and so do a few others.

If this doesn`t interest you, please move along, theres plenty more on this site to read.

please move along, theres plenty more on this site to read.

Really? I hadn't noticed.

I just don't understand why someone would go through so much trouble for three irrelevant seconds. It's ludicrous. I could understand if those three seconds were somehow pivotal to the story / action, but they're not.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Whats the point in getting argumentative about something you don`t care about?

Okay, the reason I posted is because I have the 25th anniversary edition on both vhs and dvd. I feel like a loser because I don't have the theatrical cut version.. This is about my self esteem and I'm very insecure and lonely, I'm sorry.

I fully understand your point of view. the 3 secs of footage is only a small part of whats being done. the main thing is the re dubbing with the original score. now if the 3secs look complete crap i would just use 3secs of footage that is already there.

but like i said before i want the original version. so it does matter to me but i understand why it wouldnt to most.

Archived