Enter the Dragon Custom Mission

sdog2006

Hi Guys

Since Warner Brothers have just pissed all over ETD is there anyone who could make a custom edition which mimics the theatrical print?

I attempted it but I don't have the software or the talent.

Considering some of the customs which I've seen this one APPEARS to be easy. Cut out the monk, trim the mirror scene and loop in the laser disc soundtrack.

Better still, send it to Warner and tell them that this is what it should look like.

I'd be willing to pay for such a version and we have numerous versions to work from. Someone could even create unique artwork?

Anyone up for it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are some bits from the mirror scene that were in the theatrical cut but not in the DC...Good luck with it tho!

There is 3 seconds of footage to be reinserted in the mirror scene and a dissolve needs to be added just before he meets braithwaite.

I`ve been waiting to see what warner was going to release before i had a go at this.

My only problem is i can`t do bluray.

There is 3 seconds of footage to be reinserted in the mirror scene and a dissolve needs to be added just before he meets braithwaite.

I`ve been waiting to see what warner was going to release before i had a go at this.

My only problem is i can`t do bluray.

I've just downloaded the entire Blu Ray.

The print is cool but everything else about it stinks to high heaven. The WORST documentaries in history - total junk.

I'm in!

What are we actually looking at doing HD? if so what version are we going to work with, 2007 edition or the latest version? I have an ETD Laserdisc and soon will be getting this 40th pile of ****! plus the 2007 edition.

Not sure I am good enough at editing but I am happy to have a go if people say what they want! I can even supply the LD audio or HD video etc if people need this!

Tigerstyles
I've just downloaded the entire Blu Ray.

The print is cool but everything else about it stinks to high heaven. The WORST documentaries in history - total junk.

you know dis

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Wow! You guys are rockin' this thing? I salute you. I have zero tech skills, but if anyone is interested I'd happily create a nice DVD cover for this.

sifu iron perm
Wow! You guys are rockin' this thing? I salute you. I have zero tech skills, but if anyone is interested I'd happily create a nice DVD cover for this.

create mr han's hairy claw for this special edition and I will fly over to Philly with a Philly cheesesteak with your name on it and some foreign cash!

:tongue:

Is the HK edition by Kam & Ronson cropped? Might try and put the english audio onto that version! problem is the opening credits are different on the HK edition!!

HK blu of ENTER has the most picture information on all sides. (compared to both US blurays). it does have the Monk Scene though, i think...

HK blu of ENTER has the most picture information on all sides. (compared to both US blurays). it does have the Monk Scene though, i think...

Yes, I can confirm it has the monk scene and the extended mirror scene!! and it doesn't have an English audio track!!

Not sure what to do really, going to be a lot work trying to sync the English track over the to the K&R video, plus remove the 2 unwanted scenes!! HD video is so tricky to edit!!

I know i could do it with dvd, but i`ve never done hd.

maybe i`ll download the new one and have a go.

I know i could do it with dvd, but i`ve never done hd.

maybe i`ll download the new one and have a go.

I am guessing the 1080p download would be MKV, even trickier to edit I would imagine!!

To be honest I would be more than happy with DVD, much easier to work with and more share friendly!!

So the edits would be:

Monk Scene and Mirror Scene?

you need to remove the monk scene, then remove the extended mirror footage. reinsert the 3 seconds from the LD and resync audio from Ld to new edit. simples lol

you need to remove the monk scene, then remove the extended mirror footage. reinsert the 3 seconds from the LD and resync audio from Ld to new edit. simples lol

Not sure what you mean by 'reinsert the 3 seconds from the LD'?

when they made the extended version they removed 3 seconds of footage from the movie.

it`s just bruce looking around, but it has to be there or it`s not the theatrical version,

I feel bad saying this but I never noticed the 3 seconds missing!! Going to be harder to do now as the LD footage is going to stick out like a sore thumb!! :squigglemouth:

Yeah i know, also if you don`t add the scene the audio has to be cut by 3 seconds. it`s a pain in the arse either way.

Yep, might be easier just to get the LD transferred in high quality! I am waiting for a new Panasonic DVD recorder to arrive, might try and do a high bit-rate transfer and put it on a dual layer disc!

Keep us posted on all options guys

Together we will make our own ultimate cut! Who needs WB! :)

Yep, might be easier just to get the LD transferred in high quality! I am waiting for a new Panasonic DVD recorder to arrive, might try and do a high bit-rate transfer and put it on a dual layer disc!

Only problem is it wouldn't be anamorphic...

Guest Markgway

As much as I prefer the theatrical cut... I can't see how an LD source could come anything close in watchability to any of the BD prints we have now. 95% of the movie would look vastly inferior just so we don't have to put up with the 5% we don't like. I think the only option would be to re-edit a BD source and dub on the mono track. A BD-R burn of this would at least come close to what we desire. As to how to achieve smooth editing transitions... that's well beyond me. The three secs (from the TC) would have to come from the LD; a small jump in quality I'm sure we could live with. As for which BD to use... it would have to be one of the Warner editions. Can jaggies be removed in remastering or are we stuck with what's inherent in the source? Is this worse than the colour screw ups on the anniversary ed.?

Buy a print. Its not that rare a film to find on 35mm.

Think you're missing the point, mate.

Everyone discussing the topic will have the theatrical print. We just want it in the best condition possible.

Archived