Clans of Intrigue (German MIB DVD)

Guest Markgway

TibetanWhiteCrane

Seriously, is there ONE german title for an old school kung fu movie that doesn't have the words Yellow oe Dragon in it??

They are worse than some of the american re- titles. And that is hard to achieve....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
Re. MIB's The Heroic Ones (Die 13 Sohne des Gelben Drachen)?

Mono, Progressive PAL, synced subs, etc...?

Thx.

Mono, PAL (fairly sure it's progressive), subs are in sync and no worse then the clunky IVL subs.

Picture is anamorphic though a tad soft - blown up from 4:3 non anamorphic i think.

FSk--18 so a tad tricky to find at times

Seriously, is there ONE german title for an old school kung fu movie that doesn't have the words Yellow oe Dragon in it??

They are worse than some of the american re- titles. And that is hard to achieve....

The french title for "The Heroic Ones" is "The 13 Sons of the Golden Dragon"

Bruce Lee influenced title for sure :)

Guest Markgway
Mono, PAL (fairly sure it's progressive), subs are in sync and no worse then the clunky IVL subs.

Picture is anamorphic though a tad soft - blown up from 4:3 non anamorphic i think.

FSk--18 so a tad tricky to find at times

Is it common for the MIBs to have been 16:9 'blow ups'?

Guest Markgway

Received The Condemned (MIB) today.

I only sampled mind, but was happy with the progressive image quality on our 40" LCD, and the subs also seemed to be in-sync.

The mono was a bit compressed(?) sounding, and seemed to very, very slightly bleed between speakers. I don't know what causes that? I'm fairly sure it's genuine mono and not a downmix - at least the music and effects all sounded original to me. The German 5.1 is obviously a remix with new foley.

Killer Meteor
Received The Condemned (MIB) today.

I only sampled mind, but was happy with the progressive image quality on our 40" LCD, and the subs also seemed to be in-sync.

The mono was a bit compressed(?) sounding, and seemed to very, very slightly bleed between speakers. I don't know what causes that? I'm fairly sure it's genuine mono and not a downmix - at least the music and effects all sounded original to me. The German 5.1 is obviously a remix with new foley.

A lot of the Celestials sound that way to me, and so do a lot of the Golden Harvest back catalogue.

Guest Markgway

Got CLANS today and Christ on a bike are the subs shite.

Put it this way... to start with they're 2 secs out of sync... by the last chapter it's about 10-15 secs.

Incompetent arses.

Killer Meteor
Got CLANS today and Christ on a bike are the subs shite.

Put it this way... to start with they're 2 secs out of sync... by the last chapter it's about 10-15 secs.

Incompetent arses.

Magic Blade MIB was similar sub wise and looked awful.

Guest Markgway

Clans is also the worst looking of the six MIB's I've bought (mind you, the later Shaw films often weren't that well photographed anyways).

A couple of them have subs which are slightly out of sync (between 300m/s to 2 sec) but are manageable.

The others are properly in sync.

Only Clans is useless.

I'll have to sell it dirt cheap in the hopes that someone who wants Mandarin mono BUT doesn't need subs is interested!

Guest Markgway

Oh, and I believe Legend of the Bat is another title with shitty OOS subs!

Strangely, it's the sequel to Clans of Intrigue!!

Killer Meteor
Oh, and I believe Legend of the Bat is another title with shitty OOS subs!

Strangely, it's the sequel to Clans of Intrigue!!

Yeah, part of the same batch. Ditto Human Lanterns, Magic Blade and Five Venoms.

Archived