Park Chan-wook Talks Korean Cinema

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

Park Chan-wook is in Sydney at the moment for the premiere of 'Stoker', and I was lucky enough to attend a forum with him and a few other film-makers were they discussed the future of cinema and in what direction they think it's heading. Chan-wook had a lot of interesting contributions and insights, and for anyone that's interested I posted a summary of the evening here, please check it out! -

http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/screen-trends-2014-evening-with-park.html

To celebrate Park Chan-wook's 59th birthday, The Jokers shop is offering 35% off his blu rays and dvds as well as other Korean titles. This will only interest French speakers though.

https://thejokers-shop.com/collections/promo-park?fbclid=IwAR3-2N3DbFzH7MlOlLs1gp7j2NXEzgCU3CdlDQvN7cl4KxbMjDhYo-kEadQ

Screenshot_2022-08-23 (7) The Jokers Facebook.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Super Ninja
5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Top 10 list of most overrated films according to Park Chan-wook.

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 16-50-59 jawni han on X Too 10 overrated films according to Park Chan-wook (from Kino’s October 1999 issue) 1. Full Metal Jacket 2. Hana-bi 3. Lost Highway 4. Psycho 5. Chungking Express 6.[...].png

I can agree on The Thin Red Line, Citizen Kane and Natural Born Killers, I can't forgive him including Chungking on this list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

J.J. Hayden
14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Top 10 list of most overrated films according to Park Chan-wook.

#1 Full Metal Jacket :o My answer him would be "You had best unfuck yourself, or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!" :P

• Haha 2