Movies with use of balisongs

DiP

The only movie to spring in my mind right now is Ringo Lam's Full Contact where Chow Yun Fat alternates to using his balisong, nicely action choreographed by Lau Kar-Wing, whenever his gun is not in effect. That's probably the best usage of the weapon I've seen onscreen so far.

Anyone know more movies where people goes for the balisong during fight scenes in cool ways?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not much help as I had to look it up.:squigglemouth: but as soon as I saw it I recognised it as a butterfly knife. Still I can't think of any movies off the top of my head. Sorry.

odioustrident

I think there is an old thread on this or it's covered in a Weapons thread. I want to say they come up in different Filipino or Indonesian films but many times those are just traditional knives handled with a lot of flash.

Drunken Monkey - Li Hai Tao, who fights Bruce Liang in Gallants, uses oversized balisongs in a fight against Wu Jing

Sword of Heaven - US Tadashi Yamashita film where one villain in the end gauntlet is pretty handy with them

Kamagong - Filipino film in Tagalog language with some dual balisong action I think

Sharkey's Machine - Dan Inosanto is doing various Balisong tricks in this one as a henchman

Bad History - Junya Takagi modern day biker / musical / martial arts film where another villain uses double balisongs

QtSBOk7rGCg

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO- A henchman uses them.

STREETS OF FIRE- A would-be tough guy uses them, the hero takes them from him slaps him, does them better, and gives them back to him. More slapping after that. LOL

Reel Power Stunts

Jesse Smooth

Well, there's the opening fight in TNT JACKSON where Jeanne Bell takes on thugs with balisongs in a bizarre basher-esque fashion.

Archived