Did Dragon Dynasty get it right with any releases?

Shaolin Street Fighter

Their last release was April of last year, so I doubt it.

Kung fu cinema releases have come to a halt it seems. I wonder what the new company to step in and revive it will be.

If there's one bad thing about a new company picking up these titles, it's that we'll have to go through re-releases of the ones already released. I wish someone would put out some of the other classics that were on the horizon for DD, Tokyo Shock, etc., but never released.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point, its probably just Shout Factory in the U.S. Don`t think the others mentioned are releasing Kung Fu movies anymore. Shaws releases are dead, anyways. Only hope now is if it is true that they will be released via iTunes. Would be nice if they release the obscure ones remastered; even if only download. Does anyone know if you can burn your own dvd off of what you download from iTunes?

Yes Shout Factory is releasing lots of old stuff these days, I Iove them. Their releases are usually newly remastered print in 2:35.1 format, surpassing the old dvds !

I can see them releasing shaw brothers on blu ray in the future..... maybe?, hopefully :)

Guest Markgway

Shout Factory have A LOT of ground to make up for with fans of HK Cinema. Every release (to date) has been beset with shittiness.

The only two non-HK Shout BDs I own/have owned are: Joshua Tree (which is next on my to watch list) and Halloween II (which is missing the original stereo mix).

I know everyone loves them... but I've yet to be impressed.

Archived