Drunken Master Panmedia Release

shoober

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Panmedia release of Drunken Master? I've searched EBay and its not listed. I have a copy of Drunken Master that is 1 hour and 51 minutes long, but the Cantonese track has English dubs thrown in at random times. The Panmedia release is apparently 2 hours long and has the full mono Cantonese track with no random English dubs. I know the Panmedia release is a bootleg, but its the only way to watch the movie with the full Cantonese audio track with a bonus of 10 minutes of extra footage. I'm sure Jackie Chan would want us to watch his movies uncut and in there original language, even if it is a bootleg. So does anyone know where I can find it?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David Rees

Don't think there has ever been 10 minutes of extra footage.

I have a fan edit dvdR of the French anamorphic release with full Cantonese track with English subtitles and original English dub. PM me if you want to do a trade or swap with something.

Don't think there has ever been 10 minutes of extra footage.

I only said this because the longest version of the film I was able to find was 1h and 51m. The Panmedia release is supposedly 2 hours long.

I have a fan edit dvdR of the French anamorphic release with full Cantonese track with English subtitles and original English dub. PM me if you want to do a trade or swap with something.

Could you tell me the movie length of the fan edit you have?

there is no 2hr Version of DRUNKEN MASTER. just because some shoddy Bootleg Release gives a false Runtime you shouldn't go on a useless hunt to find it.

there is no 2hr Version of DRUNKEN MASTER. just because some shoddy Bootleg Release gives a false Runtime you shouldn't go on a useless hunt to find it.

My bad. I think I misread that the Panmedia version was 2 hours long somewhere. I found a picture of the back of the Drunken Master Panmedia DVD and it states "111 minutes", so I must have misread or read some false information somewhere. The longest cut of the film I have seen is 1 hour and 51 minutes (111 minutes), so that must be the true length. The only versions of the movie I have seen with the complete original Cantonese audio track are the Panmedia release and the French release (which has no English subtitles). I think the Panmedia release has English subtitles. I can't seem to find the French DVD or the Panmedia DVD. Everyone must want to hold on to them, and I can see why.

My bad. I think I misread that the Panmedia version was 2 hours long somewhere. I found a picture of the back of the Drunken Master Panmedia DVD and it states "111 minutes", so I must have misread or read some false information somewhere. The longest cut of the film I have seen is 1 hour and 51 minutes (111 minutes), so that must be the true length. The only versions of the movie I have seen with the complete original Cantonese audio track are the Panmedia release and the French release (which has no English subtitles). I think the Panmedia release has English subtitles. I can't seem to find the French DVD or the Panmedia DVD. Everyone must want to hold on to them, and I can see why.

The original release of DM was said to be longer, with more footage of the fight between HJL and Yuen Shun Yee. That footage is probably lost or destroyed.

Guest Markgway

Drunken Master wasn't the original title. Maybe some footage was lost when it was released outside Hong Kong?

thedirtytiger

The only extra footage is the excised training scene that appeared on the Top Fighter documentrary and has since been 'borrowed' elsewhere.

The only extra footage is the excised training scene that appeared on the Cinema of Vengeance documentrary and has since been 'borrowed' elsewhere.

Fixed :wink:

Also, it was rumored that the opening fight between Hwang Jang Lee and Yuen Shun-yee was originally meant to be longer, but there's been no visual proof.

Archived