5 Venoms documentary (must-see!)

teako170

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Amazing Psycho Per

Too bad one is missing... Looks great though, nice to see these guys today. Any idea when this comes out besides of "soon"?

Well, for you lucky Brits, you'll get to see it at the Martial Arts Expo October 20th. Reason I say "lucky" is because that's the only showing (IOW: no disc). However, they said "cam jobs" are welcome so PLEASE somebody do a good job shooting this with proper audio and post to YT so the rest of the world can enjoy as well...

485614_141941919328262_1263206152_n.jpg

Eastern Evil

ooh, I can't wait! That Is Alexander Fu Sheng's birtday (10 20 54), right?

Makes it even better, although I want to see it right now!

blue_skies

they are not putting it out on DVD? That seems such an odd decision after commissioning the documentary in the first place. I'm relatively new to the Shaw Bros and the Venoms but I would definitely like to get my hands on this.

Yeah, its too bad. Perhaps the cost of pressing a disc, etc. outweighs how many units they could sell to make it profitable? I'm speculating but this product would inevitability get booted quickly and show up on ADC and elsewhere and thus kill any future sales for them. I remember Toby originally wanting to sell this interview footage but MB and others showed no interest (at least as far as responses to my email inquires to them went).

In any event, its great to see this footage not collecting further dust. Again, hope we all get to enjoy this eventually. Props to Toby and Rick for making it available to the fans.

Eastern Evil

Was Lu Feng speaking English?

We only got barely half a word, but it sounded English.

Haha! Ok, he said

'My name is Lu Feng, and I am a Kung Fu star'.

Oh, no doubt about that - one of the best ever!!!!

Sounded like he was?? The footage of him and Sun Chien are definitely exciting as both dropped off the grid a long time ago. Sad to hear about Sun Chien's recent accident. Hope he is doing well.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just seeing Lu Feng again made my day!

''My name is Lu Feng, and I am a Kung Fu star''........ you fucking A right you are!

Man wish I could see this!!!!

Omni Dragon

Well I thought he said "My name is Lu Feng I'm the Kung Fu Star..."

If that right then he's probably saying "I'm the Kung Fu Star" of 5 VENOMS or 5 DEADLY VENOMS or something like that.

What ever he said this doc looks great. shame about no DVD I can see why when people with stick in on the net thought it's a shame that the fan's don't have the honour to at least leave a few like so we could actually get more stuff like this. Allowing people to film at the showing is still a bit questionable over a DVD release.

Tex Killer
Yeah, its too bad. Perhaps the cost of pressing a disc, etc. outweighs how many units they could sell to make it profitable? I'm speculating but this product would inevitability get booted quickly and show up on ADC and elsewhere and thus kill any future sales for them. .

Obviously this would not be one to sell in supermarkets etc but I would be happy to send money for this. No need for fancy coverart, the "poster" in this topic would be fine.

I guess they know better what is worth pressing disc for but not all of us are into torrents...

So I propably will never see this...

blue_skies
Yeah, its too bad. Perhaps the cost of pressing a disc, etc. outweighs how many units they could sell to make it profitable? I'm speculating but this product would inevitability get booted quickly and show up on ADC and elsewhere and thus kill any future sales for them. I remember Toby originally wanting to sell this interview footage but MB and others showed no interest (at least as far as responses to my email inquires to them went).

In any event, its great to see this footage not collecting further dust. Again, hope we all get to enjoy this eventually. Props to Toby and Rick for making it available to the fans.

maybe it wouldn't be a high seller but you would think that they could make DVD copies on a PC. It wouldn't be very professional but better than a cam job.

maybe it wouldn't be a high seller but you would think that they could make DVD copies on a PC. It wouldn't be very professional but better than a cam job.

Torrent or Youtube would be much better

Archived