American Brawler (aka Barrio Brawler) (2013)

AlbertV

The Asylum will be releasing a new martial arts film this August entitled BARRIO BRAWLER.

The film is about a struggling martial arts teacher who must enter an underground fight to save both his brother and his dojo.

Stars Marco Antonio Alvarez, Dennis Ruel (who is also the film's action choreographer), and THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM's Morgan Benoit. I've heard of Benoit's skills, starting his career as a stuntman in China and he did a little MA in TFK. I hope this film gives him a chance to show what he can really do.

The film comes out August 27th on DVD from The Asylum. Once a trailer is posted, I'll put it up..or unless someone else finds it first.

http://theasylum.cc/product.php?id=226

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

Cool!!!! I'm excited to see Dennis Ruel in action again. Loved his fights in the Stunt People's Contour.

Trailer with a new title: AMERICAN BRAWLER is the new name

7B2A2Eab0gA

Dennis Ruel plays the lead character's brother while Morgan Benoit plays the favorite to win a tournament in the underground fight circuit. Ive never heard of Marco Antonio Alvarez and learned that this is his film debut. Nice skills from the trailer.

Watched this last night...will write up a full review later today...

oh and in the film are Ray Carbonel, Troy Carbonel, Alvin Hsing, and Ed Kahana Jr. of The Stunt People as fighters in the film :D

Archived