Falcon Rising (formerly 'Favela') (2014)

ShaOW!linDude

One Armed Boxer

Ha ha, looks like I still don't have much choice anyway, the DVD is currently up with a pre-order date of January 27th. Considering the original DVD street date was October 27th, does anyone know the reason behind the 3 month delay?

ShaOW!linDude
Ha ha, looks like I still don't have much choice anyway, the DVD is currently up with a pre-order date of January 27th.

Thanks for the heads up. I know there's been a lot of debate between forum members about the quality of this movie, but I'm down for it. Glad I'll finally be able to get my hands on it.

One Armed Boxer
Thanks for the heads up. I know there's been a lot of debate between forum members about the quality of this movie, but I'm down for it. Glad I'll finally be able to get my hands on it.

Yeah me too. Well, considering you ended 2013 with the clunker 'The Last Sentinel' and kicked off 2014 with a classic like 'Ninja: Shadow of a Tear', here's hoping one year on Michael Jai White can fill in the shoes of Scott Adkins. (It looks like 'Bangkok Assassins' already filled the shoes of 'The Last Sentinel' - is it a ShaOW!linDude festive tradition to watch an awful MA movie!?:tongue:)

ShaOW!linDude
Yeah me too. Well, considering you ended 2013 with the clunker 'The Last Sentinel' and kicked off 2014 with a classic like 'Ninja: Shadow of a Tear', here's hoping one year on Michael Jai White can fill in the shoes of Scott Adkins.

For real, though Ninja SOAT was such a fantastic film choreography wise. That's a pretty high mark to go for. I'll be happy if I enjoy it as much as I did Blood & Bone.

(It looks like 'Bangkok Assassins' already filled the shoes of 'The Last Sentinel' - is it a ShaOW!linDude festive tradition to watch an awful MA movie!?:tongue:)

Seems that way, doesn't it? Who would want a sucky tradition like that? I got time. I may pull one more off.:wink:

gwailosforever

Finally got around to seeing this. Firstly for reference I really liked Assassination Games, Blood and Bone, Ninja and Ninja 2, and LOVED Black Dynamite, Undisputed 2 & 3, Universal Soldier Regeneration and Day of Reckoning.

So what did I make of Falcon? I thought it was really bad. It's so boring I barely made it to the end. Tedious cliched plot, some wooden acting, cheesy dialogue, and a script that's one of the most predictable I've ever seen.

I hoped if nothing else the fight scenes would be the saving grace but sadly that's not to be. Firstly there are very few fights and secondly they are all underwhelming. Sure the finale has some moments but both Michael and Larnell have done much better work elsewhere. Also Lateef Crowder was wasted. His fights in Tom Yum Goong and Undisputed 3 are far superior.

My fave part of the film is where the bad guy shoots a SWAT guy in the head. His henchemen (Lateef Crowder) then checks his pulse and they both act surprised that he's dead! LOL. I mean seriously WTF?!

As this has finally been released on DVD in the UK I watched it and I really enjoyed it. I'm amzed by the mixed reception, although I can see why some do criticise it. The fights are few but when they occur...my word. MJW really is one of the best guys working and it seems that when Stovall is on choreography duties he works at his best, I loved the first fight in the slums againt the gang, and in the reasturant-type place with the briefcase, some beautifully brutal takedowns. The finale was excellent, although I did feel in a few places it seemed like MJW was flailing with the batons.

Nevertheless, a solid piece of work, and for those who enjoyed it or are interested, pre production has begun on the sequel, provisionally titled 'Flight of the Falcon': http://www.moonstonefilms.com/article.html?aid=230

Super Ninja

Does anybody here know if the new MVD release is uncut or not? And is it the one to get or is the Koch Media release better?

• Like 2