Tajomaru Avenging Blade would not play.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I rented Tajomaru Avenging Blade and it would not play in either of my DVD players.:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Is this a movie or from a TV series?

Is T A B any good?

Did I miss out on a great new wave samurai flix?

Your opinions please.

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whitesnake

For a plot synopsis of Tajomaru Avenging Blade, see http://www.amazon.com/Tajomaru-Avenging-Blade-Blu-ray-Combo/dp/B00576U93A/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1369063312&sr=1-1&keywords=tajomaru. Read the long review.

Reviewer Dennis Amith says the film is an adaptation of the novel "Yabu no Naka" by Ryunosuke Akutagawa, on which the classic film, Rashomon, was based. So this is, very loosely, a new "Rashomon" movie.

Reviewer says "A fun, modernized feudal Japan swordfighting film, "Tajomaru Avenging Blade" may not be the best film of its genre but for a new generation of moviegoers who wants to see a younger cast (courtesy of popular actor Shun Oguri and Kei Tanaka and actress Yuki Shibamoto) and a stylized modern feel (courtesy of the music by Japanese rock band B'z and Australian rock band JET), then this movie is for you!"

On the other hand, if you prefer old-school samurai films, not "modernized":tinysmile_angry2_t:

, without the pop music soundtrack, and with actors who don't look like pop stars, watch Takashi Miike's remake of Thirteen Assassins. I'll keep my dvd of Thirteen Assassins and probably sell the Tajomaru combo-pack (what a waste of $) to the local used media store.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
For a plot synopsis of Tajomaru Avenging Blade, see http://www.amazon.com/Tajomaru-Avenging-Blade-Blu-ray-Combo/dp/B00576U93A/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1369063312&sr=1-1&keywords=tajomaru. Read the long review.

Reviewer Dennis Amith says the film is an adaptation of the novel "Yabu no Naka" by Ryunosuke Akutagawa, on which the classic film, Rashomon, was based. So this is, very loosely, a new "Rashomon" movie.

Reviewer says "A fun, modernized feudal Japan swordfighting film, "Tajomaru Avenging Blade" may not be the best film of its genre but for a new generation of moviegoers who wants to see a younger cast (courtesy of popular actor Shun Oguri and Kei Tanaka and actress Yuki Shibamoto) and a stylized modern feel (courtesy of the music by Japanese rock band B'z and Australian rock band JET), then this movie is for you!"

On the other hand, if you prefer old-school samurai films, not "modernized":tinysmile_angry2_t:

, without the pop music soundtrack, and with actors who don't look like pop stars, watch Takashi Miike's remake of Thirteen Assassins. I'll keep my dvd of Thirteen Assassins and probably sell the Tajomaru combo-pack (what a waste of $) to the local used media store.

Thanks whitesnake.......................................!

GD Y-Y

blue_skies

Daisho , I'd rent it first! It's okay, I liked it, it had a pretty good story but the action is nothing to shout about it.

Archived