Kung Fu Jungle/Kung Fu Killer (formely 'Last of the Best') (2014)

Man, it looks like Yen is implementing pretty much everything under the sun with this film. Classical shapes, 80s punch/kick/block< exchanging, joint locks/grappling/knees, weapons, fast-paced movements, vehicle stunts, guns etc. I'm going to say this again: pppllleeeaaassseee be a good film!

No doubt. At least he is still attempting to offer the physical side of action instead of incorporating all the exclusive wire and digital effects.

He's getting old-who'll pick up the baton?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This time tomorrow Donnie Yen will be in London.

It'll be a once in a lifetime moment for us if he takes the time to pose for pictures.

It'll be a once in a lifetime moment for us if he takes the time to pose for pictures.

Cant wait really hope to meet him i think chances pretty slim but you never kno

sifu iron perm

I can't wait for tomorrow!

The tributes, homage and references nearly made me teary eye..pops!!

I will 2nd that comment proper homage to kung fu cinema in this movie and some great fights as well Wang Bao-Qiang is really good in this and some great dialogue from Donnie when he goes into one about martial arts xing yu great bootwork and fan siu wong nice weapons from him.

sifu iron perm
I will 2nd that comment proper homage to kung fu cinema in this movie and some great fights as well Wang Bao-Qiang is really good in this and some great dialogue from Donnie when he goes into one about martial arts xing yu great bootwork and fan siu wong nice weapons from him.

oh yes, the philosophy piece was taking it right back to the grand era, lovely!

the grand final was Ill, just sick and i wanted more, lol.

i was laughing when Mr Chow made his little appearance..

i saw a few heads i recognised from the HJL pics..

Yeah me 2.

I managed to catch Donnie before he went in just managed to shake his hand sadly didnt have chance to have a pic with him,he is alot smaller then id thought he would be.

sifu iron perm

ok cool. This must be a huge boost for donnie and Co. Premier at the london film festival..not bad huh.

Bing Bai looked delicious in that white dress.

sifu iron perm
Yeah me 2.

I managed to catch Donnie before he went in just managed to shake his hand sadly didnt have chance to have a pic with him,he is alot smaller then id thought he would be.

i was also fortunate to get a handshake and told him tiger cage 2 is the Bomb..he laughed.

the guy looks superb for 50, damn, fresh like a billion yuan!

The tributes, homage and references nearly made me teary-eyed..pops!!

oh yes, the philosophy piece was taking it right back to the grand era, lovely! the grand final was Ill, just sick and i wanted more, lol.

Great responses guys! So it's safe to say that this film is Yen's big redemption from making the last three films?

NoKUNGFUforYU

Not surprised that he is small, most of the really good wu shu guys are little. Even if the northern style was made for lanky fighters, little gymnasts make it look good. There was a time when you could only be so tall, as well as they measured the length of your arms, etc. There are anomalies, but for the most part, little guy, acrobatic kicks.

He's to me, the hands down best working in HK style action in the last 25 years or so. None of them, not Jackie, not Jet or Wu Jing, are able to perform so many styles- northern, southern drunken, JKD, BJJ, that he can. In some way, they always fall short. I hope he quits the action while he is ahead and plays the old sifu or the battle weary police captain. He earned it.

I hear he was a jerk at times, but hey, he is a perfectionist, and as a guy that buys tickets, I'll take it. He never claims to be the best fighter on earth, either. He just give a true 100% and constantly improves.

sifu iron perm
Not surprised that he is small, most of the really good wu shu guys are little. Even if the northern style was made for lanky fighters, little gymnasts make it look good. There was a time when you could only be so tall, as well as they measured the length of your arms, etc. There are anomalies, but for the most part, little guy, acrobatic kicks.

He's to me, the hands down best working in HK style action in the last 25 years or so. None of them, not Jackie, not Jet or Wu Jing, are able to perform so many styles- northern, southern drunken, JKD, BJJ, that he can. In some way, they always fall short. I hope he quits the action while he is ahead and plays the old sifu or the battle weary police captain. He earned it.

I hear he was a jerk at times, but hey, he is a perfectionist, and as a guy that buys tickets, I'll take it. He never claims to be the best fighter on earth, either. He just give a true 100% and constantly improves.

spot on, he mentioned he was a perfectionist during the q&a session, he was defo fan friendly for this occasion..he visited london in the early 90's, bey logan brought him over i think? he was a cool guy back then..

Bzw4dgYIYAAwFte.jpg

Bzw6gdOIAAAGXc7.jpg

Bzw89n5IYAA3ACu.jpg

Cool pics i didnt see them on Red carpet,i saw them come in thru the back entrance.

Just would of loved to get a pic with him. oh well

A great night right there!!!

I enjoyed it so much it flew by 100 minutes seemed like 20 to me.. the film was fast paced and action packed

A great bad guy and some top cameos from HKs finest

Mon Hoi was the highlight for cameos though taking a full front kick to the face straight off

bad points where the additional actors pretty bad performances

end fight over use of CGI but was still cracking

Archived