Kung Fu Jungle/Kung Fu Killer (formely 'Last of the Best') (2014)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Close Quarters

For me SPL and Flashpoint are Donnie's best recent modern day setting movies. If this new one can be somewhere inbetween those 2, then that's progress. He's got mad talent and it just gets wasted in a lot of what he's been releasing lately.

Special ID wasn't really a waste as he showed that he still hasn't lost it, and The Monkey King showed him at his best acting-wise.

Morgoth Bauglir
I like the look of this. But then again i liked Special id.

You like Special ID? What do you like good fight scenes or something?

Been awhile since you posted, good to see you back!:bigsmile:

Thanks man, I visit every day just don`t post much.

You like Special ID? What do you like good fight scenes or something?

Don`t get me wrong, i didn`t love the film and the female lead and Donnies mum did my head in.

However i did like the majority of Donnies performance and enjoyed the fights.

Andy on was good too.

Press conference was held yesterday, with director Teddy Chen and castmembers Wang Baoqiang, Charlie Yeung and Michelle Bai (who will play Donnie's girlfriend in the film) attending. Hopefully, that means a new trailer real soon.

Source:

http://translate.google.se/translate?hl=sv&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fyule.sohu.com%2F20140902%2Fn403992400.shtml (Rough translation)

http://yule.sohu.com/20140902/n403992400.shtml (Original)

This has become my mast anticipated kung fu film. It looks to have everything I want: dark grittiness, a variety of styles, Donnie Yen playing it straight...

just seen on imdb that mang hoi & yueng pan pan is in this also, good to see some old school heads lets hope they do more than lo meng did in ipman 2 :bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Wow, I thought the trailer looked like absolute shit. Then again, seeing the trailer for Special ID, I thought that was going to be the greatest movie ever. What has happened to the way Hong Kong movies are shot? It just looks so digital doesn't it?

I wouldn't say it looked like absolute shit, but I don't get what everybody's foaming at the mouth over. There wasn't much to judge here, as far as action goes.

What has happened to the way Hong Kong movies are shot? It just looks so digital doesn't it?

And lots of CGI for destructions, explosions and even bullets (Firestorm perfectly exemplifies this). Easy to say that film-makers are playing it safe these days.

Noelle Shadow Kick

The concept of the movie and tone of the trailer are working really well for me, this got me very excited for this movie. I agree, not a lot of action shown to judge it by, but I'm looking forward to this.

This one kind of fell under my radar somehow so seeing the trailer was a nice surprise for me!

Donnie Yen Fights 17 in prison

Teddy Chan's upcoming martial art film KUNG FU JUNGLE (Yat Ku Chan Dik Mou Lam) stars Donnie Yen, Charlie Yeung, Wang Baoqiang and Bai Bing. After the classic 1 against 10 fight scene in IP MAN, Donnie decided to film a prison scene where he fights 17 inmates. The story is about a series of mysterious murders taking place in Hong Kong. The chief Inspector is out of ideas but a prisoner named Hahou Mo volunteers to assist the police in capturing the culprit.

Charlie said that when the story begins, Donnie's character sees the news on television in prison and learns about the recent murders. He immediately demands to see Charlie's character but is denied. He then starts a fight with a prisoner he doesn't get along with and ends up fighting 17 inmates. For this fight scene, Donnie performed personally and directed the fight scene himself. He said that before the shooting proceeded, he had discussions on the action choreography with Teddy. They came to a conclusion and Donnie decided that he would direct three to four action scenes in the entire film, and let Yuen Bun, Stephen Tung Wai and Yan Hua direct other fight scenes.

Donnie said, "I took an actual fighting approach which is very demanding on martial arts theories. When you do this, I do that whether or not it's reasonable or if it can it be blocked and dodged. Every punch and every kick can been seen very clearly and everything makes sense. So after you watch these few fight scenes, you will see that they have a lot of Donnie Yen style."

Charlie said that her relationship with Donnie in the film is very intricate. They seem to distrust each other and wouldn't call each other friends. Yet because of his profound martial arts training and may help her resolve the case, they reluctantly work together. Their relationship is based on using each other and in the end they collaborate in capturing the culprit together.

Source: http://hktopten.blogspot.se/2014/09/20140915-donnie-yen-fights-1-against-17.html

Archived