Kung Fu Jungle/Kung Fu Killer (formely 'Last of the Best') (2014)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor Schnabel von Rom

looking forwar to this. can't wait for see the first trailer. hope the movie do better then donnie yens last work (the monkey king)

A release date for the film has been set: October 31. Chinese film company Huayi Brothers Media Corp. will handle the film's distribution in Mainland China.

Source:

http://translate.google.se/translate?hl=sv&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fent.xinmin.cn%2F2014%2F07%2F18%2F24833204.html (Rough Translation)

http://ent.xinmin.cn/2014/07/18/24833204.html (Original)

One Armed Boxer

First trailer is out! After 'Special ID', I'm not going to say anything, just hope this turns out awesome. Having said that, is it just me is Donnie channeling a bit of Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter in 'Silence of the Lambs' here!?

WS66S2yViQE

Making trailers look good is too easy these days so I ain't getting expectations high anymore. That looked good though.

And yeah OAB, Donnie does kinda channel Anthony Hopkins' character in The Silence of the Lambs which might indicate what kind of film we will be getting.

Drunken Monk

I like that it looks dark. Also, the small flashes of action in the trailer seem to be wireless and pretty brutal. This could be a good one.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I like the look of this. But then again i liked Special id.

Been awhile since you posted, good to see you back!:bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker

This is going to be better than Special ID because usually when the title sucks ass, the movie turns out good, when the title is cool, the movie usually sucks ass. Kung Fu Jungle at first I thought it was some Van Damme comedy with Seth Rogen or some shit. Really Kung Fu Jungle? Is Kung Fu Detective Taken?

Teddy Chen is a much better film-maker than Clarence Fok. Check out Downtown Torpedoes and Purple Storm which were good action films with exceptional character development. And I think you already know Bodyguards & Assassins which was well handled as a complete film. Beside those, he also got a bit of praise for his crime film In the Heat of Summer as well as drama film Wait 'Til You're Older.

Doctor Schnabel von Rom
Teddy Chen is a much better film-maker than Clarence Fok. Check out Downtown Torpedoes and Purple Storm which were good action films with exceptional character development. And I think you already know Bodyguards & Assassins which was well handled as a complete film. Beside those, he also got a bit of praise for his crime film In the Heat of Summer as well as drama film Wait 'Til You're Older.

In my opinion Clarence Ford released some good movies too - but only the older ones like On the Wrong Track (New Wave like Shaw Brothers with young andy lau), The Iceman Cometh (the original with yuen wah, yuen biao & maggie cheung), The dragon from russia (comic like over the top "crying freeman" real live picture), naked killer (sexy) or Cheap Killers (in some scenes really hard and violent, heroic bloodshed)

Special ID and Flashpoint looked like the greatest martial movies ever according to their trailers so I'll wait till this comes out. Its a funny thing how great movies have so-so trailers and so-so movies have great trailers.

In a way, this reminds me of Donnie yen in "iron monkey".. Donnie locked up going to jail and he is forced (offered) to catch the criminal to be set free.. This movie looks dark, and you all know from most of my threads, dark/brutal movies are my favorite.. The script to this movie gives a lot of chances for it to be great, and during the trailer I noticed some familiar faces (the bad guy from ip man 1-2 who challenges the masters) Donnie has had some good fights with him and hopefully this won't let me down.. I got high high hopes for this!!

Secret Executioner
Special ID and Flashpoint looked like the greatest martial movies ever according to their trailers so I'll wait till this comes out. Its a funny thing how great movies have so-so trailers and so-so movies have great trailers.

Why did Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave pop in my head while reading this ? Oh yeah, it has one of the most epic trailers ever...

In a way, this reminds me of Donnie yen in "iron monkey".. Donnie locked up going to jail and he is forced (offered) to catch the criminal to be set free.. This movie looks dark, and you all know from most of my threads, dark/brutal movies are my favorite.. The script to this movie gives a lot of chances for it to be great, and during the trailer I noticed some familiar faces (the bad guy from ip man 1-2 who challenges the masters) Donnie has had some good fights with him and hopefully this won't let me down.. I got high high hopes for this!!

Good point Gwailo. However, after re-watching the trailer multiple times (OAB pointed this out as well), I think the film strongly resembles The Silence of the Lambs plot-wise. Think about it: A female cop (Charlie Yeung) cooperating with a convict (Yen) to catch a serial killer (Baoqiang) VS Sterling willing to get help from H. Lecter to catch B. Bill. The striking similarity between both films' plots is obvious.

Trailer was pretty sweet. =D It looks like a Milkyway creative team flick with Donnie Yen!

Ironically, some people in the film crew are actually among To's recurring BTS people you're on point there. Slick production values no doubt.

Anyway, something that's worth pointing out... This film is going to have quite alot of old & new school MA talent appearing in guest starring roles which includes: Fan Siu-Wong, Xing Yu, Donnie's boy Yu Kang, David Chiang, Kit Cheung Man-Kit (Shaolin vs Evil Dead films), Bey Logan, Zhang Lanxin (Chinese Zodiac), Tsui Siu-Ming (The Buddhist Fist), action director Yuen Bun, Yuen Cheung-Yan, Billy Chan Wui-Ngai, Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan, action coordinator/stuntman Lee Tat-Chiu, Dion Lam, Mang Hoi, and stunt coordinator Bruce Law.

Ironically, some people in the film crew are actually among To's recurring BTS people you're on point there. Slick production values no doubt.

Anyway, something that's worth pointing out... This film is going to have quite alot of old & new school MA talent appearing in guest starring roles which includes: Fan Siu-Wong, Xing Yu, Donnie's boy Yu Kang, David Chiang, Kit Cheung Man-Kit (Shaolin vs Evil Dead films), Bey Logan, Zhang Lanxin (Chinese Zodiac), Tsui Siu-Ming (The Buddhist Fist), action director Yuen Bun, Yuen Cheung-Yan, Billy Chan Wui-Ngai, Sharon Yeung Pan-Pan, action coordinator/stuntman Lee Tat-Chiu, Dion Lam, Mang Hoi, and stunt coordinator Bruce Law.

Holy shit!

Archived