Kung Fu Jungle/Kung Fu Killer (formely 'Last of the Best') (2014)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

While "Kung Fu Jungle" isn't a certified classic, it's an amazing piece of entertainment and certainly one of Donnie's modern greats.

I would have been happy if the final fight was a smidgen longer but everything else was fantastic. Great cat and mouse story, solid acting, cameos on cameos on cameos and some wonderful (and varied) fight scenes.

I really, really loved it.

Liked the movie, loved the concept. Seen the actor playing the villain playing an idiot one too many times to take him seriously as a villain.

I thought the end fight was particularly interesting,

it seemed to be showing how incompatible martial arts were in the modern day, with the characters at the mercy of the semis, and the villain ultimately stopped by bullets.

It definitely adds another layer of interest when MA films are about MA in some way.

Finally got to watch this on Blu ray. Excellent film, good story and very good action, one of the best for a few years and a must see....

sifu iron perm
Finally got to watch this on Blu ray. Excellent film, good story and very good action, one of the best for a few years and a must see....

good to read you liked it man!

regarding the cover poster art!

The artist that did alot of GH posters inc the Bruce Lee 80's titles is still in action. Stephen Hawkins wouldn't be required in the brains department to think of using him to do a decent poster campaign

Just watched this and you know what? I loved it. A huge improvement on Special ID, I thought that it was more watchable as a whole due to the story being slightly better. But the action scenes are fantastic, the end fight in particular being the best since Flashpoint. What makes this extra special is the credits though, where we see snippits of Drunken Master and everyone from Raymond Chow to Donnie himself is featured. Very much reccomended.

Just watched this and you know what? I loved it. A huge improvement on Special ID, I thought that it was more watchable as a whole due to the story being slightly better. But the action scenes are fantastic, the end fight in particular being the best since Flashpoint. What makes this extra special is the credits though, where we see snippits of Drunken Master and everyone from Raymond Chow to Donnie himself is featured. Very much reccomended.

Recommended indeed.I am glad tribute was made to " Old School " via the cameos of the available industry stalwarts who were early pioneers and major contributors to Kung Fu Cinema in general.As the movie went on I pondered why the posters of The Big Boss, Zu Warriors.. and The One -Armed Swordsman featured so prominently in a fight scene but the penny dropped with more cameos and that poignant nostalgic tribute in the end credits.Thank you Donnie,Teddy,the fantastic production team,not forgetting Charlie Yeung and above all in my opinion Wang Bao Qiang as Fung Yu Sau . I have seen Blind Shaft,The Assembly,The Founding Of A Republic and Little Big Soldier but never in my wildest dreams would I ever have conceived Wang Bao Qiang as capable of being such a Super Badass Kung Fu Terminator.Impressive overall performance.

Well Go USA has bought the US rights and will release it in theaters on April followed by DVD/BD releases later on.

https://www.facebook.com/WellGoUSA/posts/10152947122915180

http://www.cityonfire.com/donnie-yen-set-to-prove-whos-the-last-of-the-best/

I know that it's too early to find out the list of U.S. theatres, but I hope the list will be available soon.

I also hope that the movie will be uncut, w/ possibly the only difference being the title change.

One Armed Boxer
The UK DVD art is...questionable...

pfs3ltX.png

It seems that an Asian action movie isn't an Asian action movie unless it features exploding buildings and a helicopter in the background...still, at least Donnie's been spared having guns photoshopped into his hands. :tongue: -

ptu_r1dvd_case.jpg

DragonClaws

No international release of a Martial Art film is complete without some poor cover/poster art. Prefer the title Last Of The Best, Kung Fu Killer sounds like an old school film title. Looking forward to see this when I pick up the DVD.

For those of you in the NYC area & would like to see this movie on the big screen .

Opens tomorrow (4/24/15) at the AMC Empire 25 Theater - the one on 42nd Street.

Showtimes of 11:50am, 2:30pm, 5:20pm, 7:55pm & 11:20pm.

It is a limited release so don't wait.

Drunken Monk

Anyone living in DC and familiar with the Landmark E Street theater, there's a midnight showing of "Kung Fu Jungle" on Friday and Saturday.

DragonClaws

Picked up Kung Fu Killer for £2 today from Sainsbury's. They must be struggling to sell copies. It 9.99 elsewhere on DVD in U.K stores.

I was told the UK BD is slightly cut and has no extras. If that's true, wait for Well Go USA's BD release in July.

Archived