Kung Fu Jungle/Kung Fu Killer (formely 'Last of the Best') (2014)

I think they didn't include it the final cut. Also, I heard the intro fight scene with Bey Logan was turned into a flashback scene instead ditching most of the fighting.

Thats a real shame.

That was one of the most interesting scenes in the trailers(the sparring through the prison glass)

That was the scene that always caught my attention watching in the trailers and the one that set the best "mood" for the movie

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer
I heard the intro fight scene with Bey Logan was turned into a flashback scene instead ditching most of the fighting.

I had no idea Bey Logan was in this! Has anyone sen his fight scene?

Bey Logan isn't in the movie. He obviously had a scene filmed, as he appears in the end of movie cameo credit sequence, but it must have been left on the editing room floor.

Does this have any kinda blu Ray release date?

Not yet, I'd expect a release date to be announced pretty soon though.

--- SPOILER ALERT ---

--- SPOILER ALERT ---

--- SPOILER ALERT ---

The guy Donnie's beating to death in the flashback scene at the beginning of the film is Bey Logan. It's just that there no clear shot of his face unless you press the pause button during the scene. Even Bey Logan said on his fb that he was going to have a full-length fight scene with Donnie in the film. Hopefully, we'll be treated to deleted/extended scenes for the upcoming HK DVD/BD release or a DC in the future.

• Administrator

Ooooh! Ooohhhh!!! Yes please! :nerd:

Can't wait to see this. Hell, I even enjoyed SPECIAL ID (though the film was shabby, I loved the action in) which most everyone shit on. So I can't wait to see this one after reading all the praise it's getting.

Hong Kong DVD and Bluray will definitely be out before then. Probably late December or sometime in Jan.

Not always the case. I remember "wrath of vajra" came out in the states months before it had a HK release

One Armed Boxer
Not always the case. I remember "wrath of vajra" came out in the states months before it had a HK release

Yeah but not releasing 'Wrath of Vajra' was an act of kindness to the HK public more than anything else.

'Kung Fu Jungle' is a Donnie movie, and Donnie sells. I'd agree with mark187 that we can expect this to be hitting HK DVD very soon.

Yeah but not releasing 'Wrath of Vajra' was an act of kindness to the HK public more than anything else.

'Kung Fu Jungle' is a Donnie movie, and Donnie sells. I'd agree with mark187 that we can expect this to be hitting HK DVD very soon.

I believe a December release in HK was mentioned before the film premiered theatrically but that may have been conjecture based on the usual period between HK's theatrical releases and home video releases.

• Administrator

I hope you cats are right. I just received a message from another friend that saw it- a guy whose opinion I trust- and he was showering it with kung fu movie fan love. So the sooner the better for a Blu-ray release. :bigsmile:

Hey hey.. The wrath of varja was not that bad. I enjoyed that one.. But back to kung fu jungle. I desperately want to support this movie and purchase it. So needless to say it's a day one pre order from me!

• Administrator
Hey hey.. The wrath of varja was not that bad. I enjoyed that one.. But back to kung fu jungle. I desperately want to support this movie and purchase it. So needless to say it's a day one pre order from me!

Though it had some silly moments, I also enjoyed WRATH OF VAJRA.

Same here- day one pre-order for KUNG FU JUNGLE.

Ima wait until it gets a tad closer to the 23rd and see if I can find a blu Ray cheaper than 30$ BUT this is one blu Ray im willing to spend some money on

I wil be picking it up in Chinatown from one of the stores. I told the owner about a month ago to hold be a BD copy - he always does.

Ima wait until it gets a tad closer to the 23rd and see if I can find a blu Ray cheaper than 30$ BUT this is one blu Ray im willing to spend some money on

The Blu-Ray is $23 on DDDHouse.

Is DDD a trusted seller? I've never purchased from them before

I've never had problems with them and I've ordered well over a dozen times. The only issue is that their website fails to load a lot of pages I click on. But, if you have patience, it's an amazing site to order from.

I just ordered the "Kung Fu Jungle" Blu-Ray from them.

wongfeihung62

I've ordered loads from them over the past couple of years, never had a problem.

Yes. And also less pricey that Yes Asia. - They are legit and have never let me down.

Archived